Auto Insurance Claims/Rental Car Refuse To Provide Fleet Utilization Log

In September 2014 I rented a vehicle from Budget and damage the vehicle. Reported the incident to my insurance company (State Farm) and they paid for the damage. Then a few months later, I got a phone call from the rental company stating I need to pay the administration fee and use of loss fee. I contacted American Express as my insurance said the do not cover that and American Express open a case and they would take care of. Contact rental car company and American Express and gave both company the claim number for each other. 60 days later, American Express said they have not gotten all the information from the rental car company and closing out the case but to contact them if the rental car company contacts me again. Now what?

Hi Manila,

Neither of these entities care about you. You must stay on top of this your self. For the rental car company to charge you for loss of use, they must provide you with the fleet utilization log. This log will show if all of their cars were rented out on each of the days your rented car was in the body shop for repairs. Be very careful. The rental car company may try to file suit against you, or they may just charge your credit card, or they my try to ruin your credit. You need to call the rental car company and keep things moving forward. The best thing to do is to send them a certified letter asking for the information you need. also send it by regular mail. but regardless if they answer you or not, you need to follow up. if you are not getting anywhere, you need to ask for a supervisor. If American express if supposed ot be helping you then you need to stay on top of them as well. You may also need to call your own auto insurance company if you have in order to get their assistance.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto insurance claims procedure, auto coverage, liability issues, auto damage questions, how to deal with the insurance company, loss of use and diminished value.

I have been involved in the insurance industry for over 25 years. I have experience in underwriting, sales, claims adjusting, auto damage estimating, auto value appraising and diminished value appraising. I have testified as an expert witness over 35 times.

Society of Certified Auto Appraisers

Completed all required courses for the Florida Property-Casualty agents license and the Florida claims adjusters license. I have attended various courses on auto damage estmating, vehicle appraising and am ASE certified in collision damage analysis.

My company has done work for consumers nationwide.