Auto Insurance Claims/rv insurance claim

Question
QUESTION: i was pulling my rv off property when i hitched up and started rolling the fifth wheel unhooked and crushed my truck bed then after rehitching and leaving the top of my rv tore off guys entrance gate i know bad day anyway i filed claim on rv insurance they are covering entrance and rv damage but said truk not covered is he right i only have liability on truk so thank you for your time

ANSWER: Cary,

If the truck policy is the one handling (and it's only liability), then it is true that there is no coverage for the damage to the truck itself.  

Justin

QUESTION: The rv policy is what I'm using for damage to rv and entrance I know truk policy won't my questin is should rv policy cover truk damage thank u

Answer
Either way, it is unlikely the truck damage is covered.  Trailer policies can be complicated and vary widely in what they cover.  There is no way for me to answer your question without seeing the applicable policy/ies.  

It is difficult to explain how damage claims work because it requires being very knowledgeable about the different in tort and contract liability.  To be sure you have used all available coverages, you'll have to locate all your policies and read them, or have somebody else you trust read them and interpret them for you.  Normally in a case like yours, the RV policy would pay (minus deductible) for the damage it sustained, and your truck policy would pay for the entrance.  Liability for the entrance would be on the driver of the truck, and the truck's policy covers that.  You can't be liable to yourself, though, so no coverage for truck damages to itself.  If the trailer policy covers the entrance, it would be unusual.

I hope that helps clear it up.  

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty