Auto Insurance Claims/DV

Question
The insurance company has a DV report of $179 which is undervalued. I sent in a report with much more value $2000. Insurance company said we need to hire an umpire and split the cost. I don't know if it worths or how to pick an umpire and how it works.

Answer
You can select anyone mutually agreeable to both sides. There is no criteria that must be met for the individual serving as umpire. Car dealers, body shop owners or collectors of cars typically serve as umpires. And the umpire does not have to see the car.

Hope this helps

Auto Insurance Claims

Charlie Barone