Auto Insurance Claims/premium

Question
My husband recently had his first accident. He is 68 and this is the first one ever. He started driving on the farm approx age 10. Anyway he made an improper left hand turn and a truck hit us but he had little choice. So he took an online course so he doesn't get any points on his linsence.
Here's the question: since he doesn't have any points, does that mean I can go to another insurance company and claim no accidents?  Just for the sake of cheaper rates. We live in Fl.

Answer
Sorry for the delay, I had a short end of summer trip that kept me from the office yesterday.  So as for your issue. . . .

If an insurance carrier (new one) asks you about accident history and you don't disclose the accident, they could void your policy in the future for misrepresentation.

If they do not ask directly, or if they ask about tickets or traffic violations, you could truthfully say no, if that is the case.  If there was a ticket issued for FYROW on left turn, then that would be a traffic violation, but if no ticket, no violation exists, just the negligent action, which created the accident, but didn't result in a violation (ticket).  

NOW, relax, one accident for a 68 year old male is most likely not going to affect rates in any way that you would ever notice, and if it does affect the rate, there is not much you can do because like it or not, he now has a wreck in his history which does make him a little more risky, albeit very little.

I hope this helps.

Justin  

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty