Auto Insurance Claims/How to become a Certified Appraiser in Florida

I am looking to make a move to Florida in the next year. At this time I hold a Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraiser License. I know that Florida does not required a license. However, I am looking to become a Certified Auto Appraiser in Florida. How can I go about obtaining a certification?  Do I need to be a reside? Can I take the course on-line?  I will like to start working on getting the Certification prior to my move.  

Thank you in advance for your time.

Edgado Bonilla

Hi Edgado,

You are correct, there is no license in Florida for an auto damage appraiser. There are however, other credentials you can obtain such as ASE and or ICAR. ICAR provides training classes and ASE provides certification tests.

You can visit to see ICAR classes

You can visit for ASE certification tests. The primary one to look for is the B6 Collision Damage Analysis and Estimating test. These certification tests are good for 5 years after which you would re-certify by taking another test.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto insurance claims procedure, auto coverage, liability issues, auto damage questions, how to deal with the insurance company, loss of use and diminished value.

I have been involved in the insurance industry for over 25 years. I have experience in underwriting, sales, claims adjusting, auto damage estimating, auto value appraising and diminished value appraising. I have testified as an expert witness over 35 times.

Society of Certified Auto Appraisers

Completed all required courses for the Florida Property-Casualty agents license and the Florida claims adjusters license. I have attended various courses on auto damage estmating, vehicle appraising and am ASE certified in collision damage analysis.

My company has done work for consumers nationwide.