Auto Insurance Claims/Not Authorized/ Unknown Claim on Myself?

Question
Hello,

Location: Massachusetts
Insurance Company: Liberty Mutual

February, 2015 After a big snow storm I was driving and slipped on some black ice and lost control crashing my (non financed) car to the side of the road into a snow bank towards the guard rail. Since this car did no have collision insurance and no other motorists was in the accident and there was not even a police report or any payout of pocket from my insurance (not even tow fees, not one dollar was paid out THAT I KNOW), I ended up scrapping the car and since I know the tow truck companies owner, it was a friendly favor to junk the car for me. Cops arrived onscene but no report was ever made, which I went down to the police station to check myself and nothing was on books which was a day or so after.

Few days after the accident ,I found a new car which I am financing. So I called liberty mutual and I explained that I was in an accident with my previous car and wanted to make a claim to remove that car and replace it with my financed car. So I went on and explained that I lost control and crashed into the side of the road towards the snow bank, I said I want to add this car to replace this car. They complied, they said no problem I gave them the VIN number everything went that I thought well!

This past year my insurance went up  a lot so I was like why I'm heck is this going up when I have not even gotten a speeding ticket!? So I ended up switching to geico which my buddy speeks very fond of. So a week ago my insurance is going up again. I call geico and they explain to me that I have an at fault accident from a year ago, and that there was a pay out of $700 which I was never informed of. When I called Liberty mutual to ask them why my insurance was going up they told me it was due to parts of my car. I never received any surcharge notice or any other paper explaining that I caused any property damage to anything.

I have called Liberty mutual and they explained to me that since I called to report my car was in an acids my that means it's automatically at fault, and basically ignored my request of trying to add another car to my insurance to replace my older damaged car. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do because ive been driving for 5 years now and paying $300. Please HELP!

Answer
Each insurance company has their own way of calculating how much it will cost to get insurance with them.  I say shop around.  You can't change the past or erase the accident from history, so you'll have to live with it being there.  

Again, shop around.  

Justin

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty