Auto Parts/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
jeep engine swap1/1/2014Harry
  Q: What is the best jeep v8 and automatic transmission to swap into my 84 jeep CJ7 ? i will still keep ...
  A: Factory Engines For 1980, the AMC 258 I6 was now the largest engine available in the CJ platform. ...
car battery12/20/2013Harry
  Q: Do you extend the battery life by keeping it fully charged by frequently charging it with a battery ...
  A: That method doesn't really work, it is more of a myth. Here are some useful tips for you. 1. Keep ...
Car Accessories for Traveling with Dog12/4/2013Harry
  Q: I wonder if you could help me resolve an issue. I drive a Ford (2004). Recently me an my husband ...
  A: If you are looking for a quality car accessories then you definitely want to check ...
NIssan Frontier 200211/30/2013Harry
  Q: I need to buy rear calipers for a NIssan Frontier 2002 Would you please help me? All the searches I ...
  A: this is quite a specific part, I found some on those websites: ...
Jeep Commando parts11/26/2013Harry
  Q: I have recently received a jeep commando from my grandfather and would like to know if there is any ...
  A: Jeep Commando is a great jeep to have. It would be great to find out what year it is. You will find ...
2000 Ford F350 steering column11/25/2013Harry
  Q: I wanted to know if it is possible to change a 2000 Ford F350 Super duty Steering column (column ...
  A: I think there shouldn't be any problems in switching from column shift to the one that has a shift. ...
want to start a spare parts business11/22/2013Harry
  Q: i m a seafarer in from engine , with technical profession ,i want to start a spare parts business in ...
  A: Hey there Sunil. If you have quite a lot of experience as ship engineer or mechanic maybe you ...
what11/15/2013Harry
  Q: I''ve been told I need a run crank relay I've been looking all over and can't get a handle on what ...
  A: A relay is a electromechanical remote control switch. In cars they are used to isolate and amplify ...
1999 Grand Marquis11/15/2013Harry
  Q: What would I have to do to get 26' on my Grand Marquis? Would there be any problems or issues with ...
  A: Hey there Cassius, You best option would be to use this forum discussion, ...
305 Chevrolet cylinder heads.5/23/2011Todd Lambert
  Q: Todd, Hate to ask this question but I am not familiar with the 305 heads. I am installing a set of ...
  A: After doing some research I have been unable to find anything that says anything about the heads ...
reply5/22/2011Todd Lambert
  Q: I don't know how u call yourself an expert they put two heads on saturns from from 00 till 04 one ...
  A: James from Ohio, As I said I am not familiar with the Saturn models, so if you provide me with the ...
2001 saturn5/22/2011Todd Lambert
  Q: 2001 saturn engine 2.2 w/egr port in head interchangable with 2000 saturn engine 2.2 with out egr ...
  A: James, As I live in Australia I am not familiar with Saturn parts. Do you have the engine numbers ...
choke assembly5/22/2011Todd Lambert
  Q: I have a 1986 ford f150 with a 300 cu in. motor. I have a breather for it but I am missing some ...
  A: Moe, If I understand you correctly you are missing some parts from your carburettor? If you are ...
Mazda 929 wagon ( 1983)5/21/2011Todd Lambert
  Q: I am re-building the Mazda MA 1970cc engine of my Mazda 929 wagon. The machinist said the engine ...
  A: Robert, The 2.0L Mazda MA engine is also used in these vehicles: 19811982 Mazda Luce/Mazda Cosmo ...
Nozzle Pressure5/21/2011Todd Lambert
  Q: What does nozzle pressure mean? What are the effects of reducing or increasing it on the engine?
  A: Sarthak, I am unfamiliar with the term "nozzle pressure", but my best guess would be that it has ...
where can i find the correct brake light switch5/20/2011Todd Lambert
  Q: im looking for a brake light switch for my 89 jimmy 4.3l.there isnt a part number on the part i took ...
  A: Do you have any more details on the car? In Australia, where I live the Suzuki Jimny is only made ...
Engine4/3/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Antonio this is a all make engine question. I change my oil and filter at 3000 to 4500 miles in all ...
  A: For vehicles with high mileage, i recommend using a high mileage oil, this will help protect the ...
roof rack cross bars4/1/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: You responded to me with "you don't answer homework questions" I'm not sure why, maybe it was a ...
  A: The question that you are asking me, is one that can be answered by use of many channels. One of ...
Wheel Bolts3/30/2011Mike Evans
  Q: What is the wheel bolt size; ie, the bolt that holds the wheel on? I know it isn't a common bolt but ...
  A: Every car uses a different size bolt. And, most cars don't even use bolts, they use the hub to ...
Effect of vibrations3/21/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: While driving over speed bumps, I just tend to go slow in 2nd gear and slow down just by stepping on ...
  A: This sounds to me like you are not properly downshifting. When going over a speed bump, etc., you ...
Wearing away of clutch3/17/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Please tell me how careless driving can cause premature wearing away of the clutch? Please use as ...
  A: To keep this in "simplest terms as possible", what is going to kill a clutch is a few simple things. ...
type B or C fuse3/16/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Have a 2000 Saturn SW2 and want to change the fuel filter. Instructions says to pull the fuel pump ...
  A: These type of fuses are easily removed and replaced if damaged, they simply pull straight out of the ...
Engine Sizes3/8/2011Mike Evans
  Q: I am hoping that you would be able to answer my question about small engines. I hope that I have ...
  A: It is pretty much a law that applies in all states: all mopeds and scooters can be no more than ...
door mirrors3/6/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: i have a 2004 Volvo s60 4door sedan needs right and left door mirrors. found a set of mirrors from a ...
  A: Having reviewed the part dimensions and guides for both vehicles, I have determined the following. ...
Car battery care3/5/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 4-year old VW Polo that is due to be immobilised for three months during my absence. I've ...
  A: As with anything involving GAS and Electricity, it is important to note that mixing gas or gas fumes ...
P-30 Starter3/3/2011Mike Evans
  Q: I have to replace my start about every 6 months, what can be causing this?, This is a rebuilt engine ...
  A: Shimming the starter motor controls the distance traveled by the starter drive on engagement. ...
disc brake pad shims3/1/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I just replaced my front disc brake pads and rotors (on 1995 Subaru Legacy, if it matters). I ...
  A: To answer you question, the shims keep the pad and puck square to hit the rotor flush they also help ...
Vehicle Inverter2/26/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Is the ground terminal on the Inverter supposed to be grounded to the frame of the Vehicle or to a ...
  A: Anytime you need to ground something in a car it needs to be grounded to a GOOD VEHICLE CHASSIS ...
mazda shaking2/15/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 2000 Mazda protege' and when I drive under 40, I experience a little shaking and bumping ( ...
  A: It sounds to me like to have a bad motor mount. A bad Mount (The piece that holds the MOTOR to the ...
Catalytic Converter2/12/2011Mike Evans
  Q: My CR-V '05 FWD is been making abnormal noise backing up and my engine light has been on solid for ...
  A: You can buy that converter for less than $300, provided you don't live in California. CA ...
brake system2/4/2011Mike Evans
  Q: I have a 97 ford Taurus GL 3.0 DOHC I tried to replace the rear brake pad/rotors and found out that ...
  A: These cars should have conventional electronic ABS. From what I know, they stopped using this ...
Springs2/4/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 97 Expedition and the suspension system is gone. I want to replace the back suspension ...
  A: If the vehicles are IDENTICAL, then the springs should work in your vehicle. However, remember that ...
97 vw golf gti 16v 2.0t1/27/2011Mike Evans
  Q: 97 vw golf gti fuel pump isnt gettin power ive replaced the relay it didnt help its just not gettin ...
  A: Sure, just run a hot lead from the pump to the relay box. Use one of the other relays and it ...
97 volkswagen golf gti 16v 2.0t1/27/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: my fuel pump is not gettin power to it any ideas or away i could just run a different power wire?
  A: I am thinking that this may not be a problem with the fuel pump, but rather an immobilizer that is ...
1989 Plymouth voyager Accleration problem1/25/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Ok it said i had to many follow up questions ,so I will continue here..I told you that the auto shop ...
  A: It sounds to me that since your gasket issue was fixed and there is more pickup, i would think to ...
front suspension1/24/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I HAVE 1969 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA, WILL THE FRONT STEERING KNUCKLES FOR A 1973-1975 FIT ONTO MY FRONT ...
  A: According to my research, and according to my diagrams, they parts should fit, however, to be sure ...
timing belt tension1/23/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: is ther a inch pound torque a person can use to adjust the timing belt tension on a 1986 dodge ...
  A: There are many tools a person can use to get the correct amount of Inch pounds of torque, however, ...
1989 ford bronco l l 2.9liter v6 4wd auto1/23/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: bronco runs great cold when I run it hot it runs poor up hills runs slow I just put thermostat in it ...
  A: I understand your problem. Have you checked the TPS (throttle Position sensor) this sometimes, can ...
gm 3.41/23/2011Mike Evans
  Q: will a 3.4 out of a 1996 pontiac montana fit in a 2001 grand am with a 3.4
  A: Yes, but you'll have to swap a lot of the 96 parts for the 2001 parts. I'm not sure it's ...
key switch stuck on the start-on position1/21/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 1989 chevy 1500 standard with 350 engine...the ignition key will not turn off...will turn ...
  A: I use to have a 1989 Chevy K Model Blazer, (Has same ignition switch) with mine you use to have to ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Auto Parts

Mike Evans

Top Expert on this page