Auto Parts/car battery
Do you extend the battery life by keeping it fully charged by frequently charging it with a battery charger ?
Hi there! That method doesn't really work, it is more of a myth. Here are some useful tips for you.
1. Keep the battery terminals clean and inspect regularly (i.e. monthly) for corrosion.
2. Start the car before operating car accessories and operate (drive) the car to allow the battery to get topped off by the car alternator which produces electricity and as a by-product charges the car battery after voltage drops in the battery.
3. Keep the battery secure and free from vibration. Batteries that shake can become damaged and short circuited or worse cause damage to your car.
4. Insulate the battery from extreme temperature changes with a car battery insulation kit. These usually come with new cars already, however you can find replacements specifically made to fit your carís battery compartment. The sleeves are usually plastic or an acid resistant/thermal resistant material that insulates your battery but still allows it to vent.
5. Invest in a car battery charger that will maintain an optimum charge level when your car is not in use or when you go on vacation.
One last recommendation:
Check the car battery water level indicator on a regular basis! Most car batteries will indicate if it needs more water. It may never require water, but if so only use distilled water.
Hope that helps,