Auto Theft Prevention/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Re: help1/9/2017Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I don't know if you can help me or not, and I will explain the situation as best as I can. I had a ...
  A: Yes, you are in a situation all too common in America. Trust me when I say that you are not alone, ...
Box Truck Security System12/1/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have just purchased a new 2015 GMC Savannah box truck. It has a rear roll up door, and a small ...
  A: You didn't state what type of work you do and how often you will use the mandoor in conjunction with ...
Truck stolen11/28/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: Mr. Painter, I have a 2015 GMC Sierra. It has a transponder key and factory remote key fob. I ...
  A: See, this is the problem, so many people think they are secure with this factory junk referred to by ...
steering column cts cadillac 0311/20/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: what do I have to do after replacing column cause nothing happened when I tried to start it
  A: You did not say as to why you had to change the steering column. I assume you installed a junk yard ...
're: Factory anti theft on 2001 Deville10/28/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I bought this car used in 2003 from a Cadillac dealer. This car came with a factory installed device ...
  A: It sounds like what you have is not a factory installed device, but a dealer installed device. Years ...
2004 Silverado pass lock8/18/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: Replaced steering column now truck won't start. Can u help me
  A: Yes, I can help and it costs you nothing to fix. There are 10 different codes built into the ...
www.allexperts.com say:7/21/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have a 97 expedition I lost my key finally got the old cylinder lock out and the new in but it ...
  A: What makes you think the engine will start with ).chpped key? You say you finally removed the ...
're:2009 stolen suburban7/4/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ that was stolen. The insurance company has demanded a lot from ...
  A: There are a lot of issues in questions here, but what you are going through is quite common. I want ...
ignition switch4/27/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have a 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva SL and am having a problem with the ignition switch. The car will ...
  A: The absolute first thing I would check is make darn sure the vehicle is in park. When these vehicles ...
Triggers alarm4/11/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I drive a 2008 Elantra and a few times I have set off my alarm that before then didn't know my car ...
  A: The reason that opening the door from the inside triggers the alarm is because the dome light comes ...
1998 ford explorer sport anti theft no start4/1/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I've had this truck for just a few months. I have a "no tilt" steering wheel. Since day one, the ...
  A: For some reason, I just got the question and it came in as if I had not sent my answer. The most ...
Ignition3/16/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I am looking into the theft/fire of a 2014 Nissan Sentra. Is this a vehicle that has an ignition ...
  A: There are many things that have to be ruled out and you tell me it is burned. You did not state the ...
2005 Ford Escape random alarms2/16/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I hope you can help with this issue! 2005 Ford Escape randomly the alarm goes off. All hours of the ...
  A: You said I didn't answer your question because no one can without you responding to me to determine ...
urgent. help2/2/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: am i missing anything thanks and godbless ;)
  A: I was just following up to see i you had any luck contacting a locksmith to help you with your ...
2002 Ford Ranger Lost Only Key How Can I Hotwire It1/31/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have a 2002 Ford Ranger I lost my only key it has the antitheft system in it. I need to know ...
  A: Hot wiring the old Pats was not designed for someone that lost keys. It was designed to prove Ford ...
2000 dodge stratus anti-theift system1/27/2016Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: My husband bought this car from an older couple that just didnt want to deal with it anymore. The ...
  A: Just so you are aware, a 2000 Stratus did not come with the SKIM (Factory chipped key) standard. In ...
car wont start12/16/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have a 2003 Pt was running change the map sensor the crankshaft sensor because the car was cutting ...
  A: Well, if you have power going to the starter and nothing is happening, the most common reason is ...
95 mustang gts wont crank12/5/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: i have a 95 mustang that wont crank but wiill run if you pop the clutch, What is my problem, ...
  A: Without being at the vehicle, it is hard to say. I can give you some idea as to what to check. You ...
honda pilot factory stereo & factory alarm11/4/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: might you have any information about car security systems as they relate to the car stereo? more ...
  A: I wasn't saying anything to disparage engineers, it just I have successfully opposed them in court ...
Immobilaizer10/18/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have dodge ram 1500. 1996.year.have this car had a immobilaizer.
  A: It would have been better if you would have told me the problem you are having to ask if the truck ...
1999 durango9/27/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: bought 99 durango last year. no transponder key or fob, just an ignition key is all i recieved. hit ...
  A: The very first thing blamed for vehicles that don't start is the vehicle security by most. This is ...
not starting9/25/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have an 01 Dodge Durango. My car wouldn't start, so I had an fuel pump, and a computer box ...
  A: You need to start at the beginning. Why did you replace the fuel pump and then the computer? What ...
my car will not start the anti theft is blinking9/20/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: So I have been driving my car with no issue for forever last night I go to the store turn the car ...
  A: Your question is somewhat difficult to understand. You told me it is a Mazda, but you did not state ...
No start8/27/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: 93 lincoln mark viii. Just randomly didn't start..everything worked.... waited a few turned it over ...
  A: You are describing a symptom that can have many different causes and to accurately diagnose on the ...
Conlog imobilizer.8/19/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I bought a used Toyota Carina E 1996 model with a conlog security system, do not understand how it ...
  A: Conlog was very popular in the 90s, and I don't even know if they are on business anymore. Trying to ...
2000 expedition pats8/13/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: My son has a 2000 Ford expedition that he only had 1 key to and he lost it. He has another ...
  A: No, will not work. The bypass was meant for a court case that proved that Ford lied and the system ...
Chrysler Alarm8/1/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring and wondering why the alarm goes off every time one of the doors gets ...
  A: Many people that have alarm issues and believe they are factory installed. From my 30 years of ...
2004 Chevy venture remote unlock7/16/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I hope this is in your area of expertise. I bought a used 2004 Chevy Venture Base Cargo model with ...
  A: Yes you are in luck and you came to the right guy. There are various places on the web to find ...
Chevy Venture6/14/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: About a. cpl wks ago i was driving and low coolant light popped on and then after tbere was this ...
  A: Not sure what you mean by noise that sounded like the engine was running hot. I am familiar with no ...
2000 mercury sable6/5/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: So my car was running fine. I parked it. Turned it off. Popped the trunk. Shut the trunk. My ...
  A: You will not "Reset" your way out of this. I don't even know what we are dealing with here. This has ...
1998 jeep grand cherokee reset alarm5/22/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I towed my jeep and now it thinks its been stolen every so often the car alarm goes off. Is there a ...
  A: The first thing to determine if it you are dealing with the optional factory installed alarm or an ...
anti theft system not working right5/19/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: My 2005 dodge Durango key fob doesn't want to reset correctly. We have tried everything to get the ...
  A: In most cases, the key fob was not for the optional factory alarm and was meant merely for conveince ...
1999 ford explorer5/13/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: how to reset code with new steetering cloum
  A: Let's be specific here. It is not a new steering column, but a junk yard column. First, I ask why ...
lost original key4/2/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: Hi there I need help I have little knowledge on pats system I have a 1998 ford expedition my kids ...
  A: The bypass was never meant for people that lost all their keys. The bypass was formulated by me to ...
pats3/31/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I lost all the keys to my 2003 ford expedition how do I bypass the pats system so I things start my ...
1999 chevy suburban security light flashing on and off3/29/2015INSTALLSUPPORT
  Q: 1999 chevy suburban security light flashing on and off.vehicle wont start have to put in start to ...
  A: It's most likely your truck is experiencing a PASSLOCK 2, fuel rail inhibitor failure. Very common ...
Is all anti theft useless?3/27/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have read most of your answers pertinent to my subject. I have Silverado 2015 35000 diesel HC. ...
  A: Factory installed anti theft devices are worthless, but if the vehicle is stolen, your insurance ...
Ignition Key lock3/16/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII that the Ignition Key lock cylinder is damaged to the extent that it ...
  A: Jerry, thanks for the positive feedback. Not my first rodeo--lol Rebuilt steering columns and locks ...
1998 ford explore sport3/10/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: my daughter is in haiti. she has a 1998 ford explorer sport. she had a key fob that she used to stop ...
  A: Factory alarms were a $600 option and extremely rare. In most cases people think the fob is for an ...
passlock anti theft deterrent2/18/2015Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI
  Q: I have a ,97 Pontiac sunfire gt 2.4l. I bought used..my son broke the ignition switch, I needing my ...
  A: You have the passlock ineffective anti theft system. It has no chip in the ignition key. That isn't ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Auto Theft Prevention

Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI

Top Expert on this page