Auto Theft Prevention/1998 Ford Taurus anti-theft lock engaged

Eric wrote at 2014-12-16 13:28:47
Actually I just had similar problem with my '98 Taurus SE. I was have ignition troubles...I would have to turn the switch several

times to get it to start. Recently I did this and the anti theft system engaged itself. It cut all power and wouldn't let me do anything.

I tried every trick I could find to reset it. Finally a friend said to take both cables off the battery and touch them together for 10-15

seconds then put the cables back on. I did this reattaching the positive one first. Then I closed the hood, got in and shut the door.

I put the key in with no other rings on it, turned it to the on position and waited for the theft light to go out. As soon as I turned it to start

it fired right up. Take that Ford Techs

Auto Theft Prevention

INSTALLSUPPORT