Auto Theft Prevention/Red dot (anti theft)

Question
Hello,
I own a 2006 Dodge Durango Limited hemi. Last week i started having the problem of my car turning over then shutting off after about 2-4 seconds of being on, then a little red dot lights up. If i keep trying to start my vehicle eventually it will run fine, but have the same problem the next start up time.
I know this is related to the anti theft system.
But, my question is how to disarm or disable it temporarily until i get a new key remote.(my husband jumped in pool with our only one) but still works to unlock and start vehicle.
If you can help me out id appreciate it a lot. I really don't want to go to the dealership and spend tons of money(if i can do myself)

Answer
Wish that was possible somehow but, unfortunately no.
Call AAA, and then call the dealer to tell them your
SKIM transponder security is malfunctioning and
you need a reset/evaluation as to why.

This is all controlled by Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge computers
anf nothing you could do to reset it your self
I'm afraid. Save time and get that done.

Good luck.

ALARMTEK

Auto Theft Prevention

INSTALLSUPPORT