Auto Theft Prevention/onstar

Question
hi..i have an onstar fmv, and from day one, it works fine when  you call the advisor, and same for emergency number. but..when i ask where the car is, they get it wrong or just say the car is at home. i have been back to best buy 5 times, and after each person gets done working on it, it still fails to work. last time i was there, the installer took the mirror and moved it down, and i held it for him while he called onstar. it worked fine, so he puts the mirror back where it was. going home, i called them twice and they correctly told me where the car was. i put the car in the garage and next day, took it out, called onstar, and they got the location of the car wrong all over again. 5 times to best buy and no solution. i suggested the black wire that comes out of the mirror has a short, but the installed said no. do you think taking the system out and putting a brand new on it would help? i just want it to work right, since an emergency could happen anytime, and onstar has no idea where the car is. what kinds of things would you suggest for a fix, once and for all? thank you much!!

Answer
I'd start by passing Best Buy and go to GM for this. Onstar is they're baby.
If all else fails, you can get aftermarket GPS tracking for around 300. with 3 years
of service. Then forget Onstar and the monthly fees.

But my suggestion stands, go to GM to have
them look at ONSTAR.

Good luck.

ALARMTEK

Auto Theft Prevention

INSTALLSUPPORT