Auto Theft Prevention/ say:

QUESTION: I have a 97 expedition I lost my key finally got the old cylinder lock out and the new in but it don't have the chip it will crank but shuts off right away and the theft light flashes how and can I bypass it

ANSWER: Hello,

What makes you think the engine will start with ).chpped key?
You say you finally removed the ignition lock. What did you break,? Commonly with inexperienced doing this, they break the magnesium steering column and ignition lock will no longer stay attached to steering column.
It is also very common to see the transceiver (antenna that sends key signal to computer). That black piece of plastic and wire that is placed directly in front of the lock cylinder is commonly broken.
I was the only one in the world to bypass this junk. This bypass was not meant for someone that list keys because the theft light will blink fast constantly. I bypassed for a court case against Ford showing their anti theft was not anti theft on 10/10/2000.
This bypass will not work for you because to bypass, everything has to be functional including a chipped key. The bypass is how to steal a vehicle with this junk
You should have just called a locksmith. If everything functions including a coded chipped key, I will tell you how to bypass for good. It sounds like you have a mess right now.
A locksmith has the equipment to program a chipped key. Otherwise, you won't be driving the vehicle.

Ford does not make the locks Qur'an keys. Ford uses a subcontractor. The locksmith is more than half the cost for a key and Ford and the locksmith get these parts from the same supplier. In other words, the dealer has a pretty package with a part number and will rip your eyeballs out on price. A locksmith may charge $60 for a cut and programmed key. The vehicle needs to be towed to a dealer and then will charge $250 for the same key you got from a locksmith.

You are scaring me when you say you finally got the lock cylinder. What day m age did you do?

Although we specialize in auto theft claims, we get involved with house, commercial and boat claims as well. If you are under investigation by the SIU, your claim is looking to be denied. We specialize in all claims. Commonly we serve as a middle man in rescinding claims. It just looks better to have a third partyinvolved when dropping a claim.
Most insured's are not aware, but carries build a claims history and eventually goes to underwriting for higher rates or cancellation. 20 years experience working with SIUs.
Everything is confidential until correspondence approved by client. Many insured's figures claims history of claims in a year is normal. Normal is one claim in 10 years.
We explain the investigation process. How to answer truthfully and how the insured after preperation of client, how they look at as a v witness. We :(ave gotten claims paid they seemed impossible in the beginning. The insured should never hire an attorney Victorian investigation. We are the only place you want to consider.

QUESTION: I got a transponder key and cylinder brand new how can I program it

As you addressed your question you stated your vehicle was a 199 expedition and no chip in key. That statement is factually incorrect, because the 1997 expedition was the first SUV to have the pats and in1998 Ford Focus metalled this junk into the f-150 pick ups, rangers Explorers etc.
The strange phenomenon was that Ford waited for 10 years to install the pats in F 250 and bigger trucks. It wasn't untit 2008 until Ford installed the pats into the f 250 and larger with the exception of the 2000 to 2005 ecursion.
The reason your vehicle does not start is because it requires a chipped key programmed to the vehicles computer. In other words, your problem starting the Engine is a normal situation.
Unfortunately For has made this situation forcing you to go only 2 places to program a chopped key to the computer. Either a dealer that will charge you $200 plus for a key and to program or a locksmith who is less.
In order to program a key,a key programmer has to be connected to yyr computer and will make the ignition key to it. You may find if the key you have is not chipped, you will be required and the locksmith will have the but the new key blank to operate your ignition.

Auto Theft Prevention

Rob Painter, ASE, CFL, CFEI

My background in auto theft is extensive. I have been directly involved in the repair of over 10,000 theft recovered vehicles. I also do insurance investigation as to how a vehicle was last operated. My clients are insurance companies and attorneys. Was featured in the A & E auto theft documentary "Stealing Wheels" July 26, 2000. Has consulted with Daimler Chrysler steering column engineers to make their steering columns harder to defeat. Holds patent # 6,039,140 for 8 different variations to protect air bags from theft.

ROB PAINTER, ASE, CFL, CFEI Forensic Vehicle Component Analyst Diplomate, Board Certified Forensic Examiner ASE Certified Auto, Collision, Med/Hvy/Duty Truck Technician Certified Forensic Locksmith Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator Certified Forensic Auto Theft Examiner Certified Auto Theft and Fraud Expert P.O. Box 190 Big Bend, WI 53103 Phone (414) 698-9696 Fax (262) 662-1352 As per federal court rules of evidence (702) (Daubert) my testimony has qualified me as: Auto Theft and Fraud Expert Forensic Vehicle Analyst Fire Origin and Cause Expert In the trial transcript of Holiday vs Progressive Insurance Company (March 12, 2002?Eugene, Oregon) with Holiday being my client-named ?the expert for experts.? BUSINESS EXPERIENCE Founder of the ?Forensic Institute of Auto Theft Analysis? (January 2002). This is the training school that will set the standards in determining the last operation of a reported stolen vehicle-burned or unburned. Much of my testing and procedures have been accepted as the guide for the forensic community. 1986 opened Auto Recovery Specialists Inc., providing exclusive repair of theft recovered and vandalized vehicles. The initial concept of the business was to return vehicles to their original shape before the theft, vandalism or fire. In 1987 bought the rights to the theft deterrent known as the ?Chicago Collar?. Duties include complete component replacement: dash, stereo system, interior, locks and coding, rebuilding steering columns, repairing and installing vehicle security system components (factory and after market), engine components, body repair, glass replacement, repair and service of air conditioning components, brake and suspension repair, and replacement, wiring harnesses etc. to return vehicle to pre-theft condition Complete reconstruction. During the past 17 years directly involved in the repair of over 10,000 theft-recovered and fire damaged Personally examined and rebuilt thousands of steering columns on both import and domestic vehicles Internationally acknowledged as expert in auto theft including court, consulting with insurance companies, attorneys and law enforcement. Consultant on steering columns, locks, stereo systems and vehicle security for Special Investigation Units for many large insurance carriers during the past eight years. Consulting services include but not limited to: How a vehicle was last operated (with or without keys in burned or unburned vehicles), Origin and Cause of vehicle fires, and vehicle defects. Provides services as a consultant and researcher to attorneys and insurance companies, and private industry throughout the US in cases related to vehicles. Has worked with crime prevention officers throughout the US establishing training programs designed to protect the public from becoming victims of auto theft. PATENT: 3/21/00 issued patent# 6,039,140 for 8 different variations of airbag anti-theft devices. PUBLICATIONS Currently authors articles and test reports on an ongoing basis for SIUs and the forensic/vehicle fire industry. Published author: (1,297 slide training course) Auto Theft/ Fraud Training Course) ?The Modern Forensic Approach to Auto Theft Investigation.? (January, 2001) Author: ?Variables to Be Considered In Vehicle Fire Investigation after Suppression.? (Insurance publication-November 2001) Author: ?Ford Magnesium Steering Columns and the Results to Ignition Components after a Fire?. Article for peer review from the fire and forensic community. (November 2001) Author: ?The Truth About GM VATS.? (Article) (November 2001) Author: ?The Truth About GM PASSLOCK TM? (Article) (November 2001) Author:? Auto Theft Investigation: Hollywood vs. Reality? (Article) (February 2001) For the John Cooke Fraud Report. Published author: (Manual) ?Forensic Vehicle Fire/ Arson and Auto Theft Investigation? (October 2000) Published author: (Article) ?Petty Claims? for the John Cooke Fraud Report (October, 1998) Published author (Manual) ?AUTO THEFT: LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN!? (1998) (Previously distributed by Barnes & Nobel) Co-authored the investigation manual, ?Surreptitious Entry & Auto Theft & Burn & the Investigator.? (1999) Authored test questions on the subject of steering columns and vehicle security for CFL designation to be given by the International Association of Investigative Locksmiths. January, 2000 Published author: (Manual) ?Saginaw Steering Columns-What Has Not Been Told? Training manual for fire investigators. (March 2000) Published (Article) ?Beyond The Lock? (May 2000) Published Author: (Article) Fraud Defense Network-August, 2000 Edition-?Melting Steering Column Tests.? Published author: (Test Report) ?Burned Toyota Steering Column Testing to Determine How Last Operated?. Tool marks and procedures. (December 1999) Currently at the FBI Crime Lab in Washington DC and the US Army Crime Lab in Atlanta, GA for peer review. ACCOMPLISHMENTS Defeated the ?unstealable? Ford Securilock transponder system for a court case 10/10/00. They said it could not be done! Primary designer of a state of the art ?bait? car for a police department to catch car thieves. Worked with The National Highway Safety Transportation Administration and discovered a potential fire hazard on a vehicle and determined origin and cause of under hood fires on this type of vehicle. Featured as ?Auto Theft Expert? in the A & E auto theft documentary ?Stealing Wheels? that aired July 26, 2000. Contacted by Sears and Edelman Marketing to be a national spokesman for an anti theft device for vehicles. (November 1999) Invited to provide evaluation and consulting to steering column engineers at Daimler Chrysler Corporation in Auburn Hills, MI (10/19/99-10/22/99). The purpose of this project was to demonstrate how steering column locking mechanisms could be defeated without the use of a key and how to reinforce the columns against theft. Court Qualified as an Auto Theft Expert and my videos of defeating columns were also accepted by a Cleveland, Ohio Court in October 1999 as a valid piece of evidence. Contacted by Disney Touchstone Pictures for technical assistance in making the movie ?Gone in 60 Seconds? (March 1999) CONSULTANT FOR FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS ? Former contributor for The Insurance News Network (Auto theft and prevention) includes heading a forum for the public on how to protect their vehicles for 3+ years. ? Former editor and consultant for the public on matters involving auto theft and prevention 2000-2001 on the web at ? The Insurance Career Center (Auto theft and fraud). ? National Association of Investigative Specialists (Auto theft and fraud) ? Expert Find (Auto theft and fraud} TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE ? ASE (National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence) Certified in Auto: brakes, steering and suspension, engine repair, manual drive train and axles, air conditioning. Med/Heavy duty truck: gasoline engine repair, electrical/electronic components. Collision: elec.....