Auto body repair & detailing/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Door moulding replacement2/6/2017Dave Norgardt
  Q: I have a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500. One of the exterior door moulding is releasing from the door panel. ...
  A: ...The best method of repair to re-install the moulding, is to first carefully peel it off ...
could this have bent my frame???1/27/2017Gary
  Q: I know you don't do estimates, however can you advise if you think the cost to repair back to pre ...
  A: I would suggest that you not settle until your vehicle is fixed back to pre-accident condition. I ...
black touch up paint1/27/2017Gary
  Q: I have a Baltimore Ravens football helmet that has some tiny surface scratches. It's pure black with ...
  A: I'm not sure which color the Ravens use on their helmets. If you don't use the correct color it will ...
Body parts1/13/2017Dave Norgardt
  Q: My 2009 hyundai sonata v4 engine was hit in the front, l want to know if the bumpers,hood, ...
  A: ...I did some checking for you on our Keystone/Cross Canada website. ( I will list the link below ) ...
Dodge Dakota driver side fender removal11/6/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: I have a 2004 dodge Dakota I'm needing to know how you take off the driver side fender? I sure hope ...
  A: These are the recommended steps to follow, in order to remove and replace the Left Hand Side fender ...
Re-attaching molding10/10/2016Gary
  Q: I have a 2005 Kia Amanti and the molding that runs from the back door to the front door over the top ...
  A: You will need to use a 3M double sided tape and a 3M 6396 Adhesion Promotor Wipe. Next you will need ...
Passenger Side Mirror8/30/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: I really hope you are the right person to ask. I was driving on the highway in a construction zone ...
  A: for your detailed description of what happened. As you mentioned, being that all three bolts are ...
recoating acrylic enamel7/8/2016Gary
  Q: I painted my car 10 days ago.paint is still tacky in places. once it dries comepletly hopefully ...
  A: If it's acrylic enamel, it will have a specific time that you can repair and recoat. I would suggest ...
Rust7/5/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: I have a vehicle which is developing rust bubbles at one of the rear wheel wells. Before the problem ...
  A: If you don't mind, please send me a picture of the rust occurring on your vehicle. It will give me ...
Moving Interior Trim/Seats Between Cars6/28/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: Dave! Hopefully you can help me. I have an opportunity to buy a car of the same model and year as my ...
  A: In the majority of late model vehicles manufactured today, the main body wiring harness will usually ...
1998-2002 Toyota Corolla patch panel6/16/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: usually I ask the Toyota expert but noticed for this problem you are the body expert. Have a 2000 ...
  A: There is a company here in Canada, ( I will list the link below ), who supply aftermarket parts, as ...
2003 ford taurus se5/11/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: but there is no dent other then that ,my question is the car a unibody or not and it was put in ...
  A: The correct way to tell if a frame is bent or damaged, would be to use a set of Autobody Tram ...
Car body part identification4/23/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: What's this? I'm having a terrible time trying to locate a replacement, online at least. I'm sure ...
  A: In the circled area of your picture, the top half is of the front grill assembly, and the lower half ...
Car door swap4/11/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: I have a 2007 Prius that got dented from a concrete parking post. The damage is in between replacing ...
  A: Judging by the picture itself, in my opinion, if one was to repair this door, the best method would ...
rv delamination3/2/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: I am looking to repair some delamination on a rv. My plan is to either remove a window or drill a ...
  A: ...There are generally two different types of resin. 1) SMC Resin. This is designed to repair SMC ...
Cost to repair small scratch on rear bumper2/23/2016Bob
  Q: There is a small scratch - approx 4" long x 1/4" wide on the bumper of a 2005 Town and Country Van. ...
  A: Trying to put a price on a scratch is always difficult over the net. However, please allow me to ...
front end repair2/6/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: My wife hit a sign in a 2012 Nissan Sentra SR 2.0L. The airbag deployed. What sensors/modules need ...
  A: ...In order to determine which SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) components will need replacing, ...
Rust on Quarter1/31/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: and thank you for taking my question. I have a 2007 Ford Edge SE. We love the car. I notice some ...
  A: ...Rust and corrosion commonly occur on wheel well areas, as well as on the inside or outside of a ...
Pictures of paint peeling1/31/2016Bob
  Q: I forgot to attach these @@@@@IMAGE:179580:Auto-body-repair-2036/2016/01/paint-peeling.jpg##### ...
  A: I have the pictures of the peeling paint. I don't know what the exact question is about the paint. ...
Paint comming off1/29/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: Could you please look at these pictures and tell me if you think the reason this paint is coming off ...
  A: ...Thank you for the pictures. There is a paint condition called delamination, which this definitely ...
bent passanger door1/27/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: My passanger door was open and i backed up and a hugh snow driff caught it and bent it way back, I ...
  A: ...When a door gets sprung open, the result, is that the majority of the damage, will be in the ...
2010 Odyssey - how to take out driver side fender1/18/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: my 2010 Odyssey has a dent on the fender... can you please advise how to take out the driver side ...
  A: ..Here are the steps required to remove and install a fender on the majority of late model vehicles. ...
pin striping1/2/2016Dave Norgardt
  Q: I am looking at getting a replacement front fender for my 2003 Ford Explorer. It would come painted ...
  A: ...There are two ways to accomplish this, depending on the complexity of the pin striping. If the ...
FENDER DENT REPAIR12/26/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: I have a 2004 buick Regal with a fender dent about the size of a grapefruit.Can you explain a ...
  A: In your particular situation, I would recommend leaving the fender on the vehicle. You will be able ...
Hail damage hood volvo xc9012/17/2015Bob
  Q: Can hail damage be fixed cheap or do I need to buy a new hood? I can't find one cheaper than ...
  A: My apologies for getting back to you so late. We had a personal emergency come up over the last 2 ...
Paint12/13/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: I have the top of my 39 ford coupe that bubbled in many spots. I believe it was due to having the ...
  A: ...As long as you have a qualified journeyman paint technician, who follows the recommended ...
Repaint on one area12/13/2015Gary
  A: There are many variables to the answer of this question. First of all, is the car the original ...
Dent in truck12/6/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: I have a large dent in my right side (passenger) of the front fender quarter panel. I was wondering ...
  A: ...First of all, thank you for sending along the two pictures....Unfortunately, the damage is too ...
Ford Mustang soft top11/27/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: I have a 2012 Ford Mustang black soft top convertible. The placticized stitched edges where the top ...
  A: ...The most effective repair method in this case, would be to make sure the top is at room ...
Beretta 1989 -199211/24/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: Would it be possible to swap 1989 Chevy Beretta Doors with a 1992 Chevy Beretta. Also the rocker ...
  A: ...I did some checking for you, and found out that the doors between 89 and 92 are indeed ...
Dented bumper on Chevy Silverado10/19/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: My truck was backed into a pole and it dented my rear bumper and the corner panel behind the bumper. ...
  A: ...Judging by your description of the damage in regards to the tail gate only opening about half ...
Cowl10/17/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: Dave, I don't know if you know much about replacing the cowl under the hood, but thought I'd try. I ...
  A: ...As long as the vehicle has not sustained any minor/major damage in a collision to the actual ...
Bass Hound 10.210/9/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: I just got this bass hound 10.2 and the trolling motor needs a battery.i want it to be cheap and ...
  A: ...The battery that would be most suited for your trolling motor application in my opinion, is ...
not so small paintless spot10/6/2015Gary
  Q: I have a Saturn Ion silver color. The doors of this car are fiberglass. The door behind the driver's ...
  A: For a spot this size I would recommend that you either take it to a body shop for a repair or if you ...
BMW 3 Series Inside Door Handle9/19/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: I just started to finance a 2015 320i and since it's new I didn't want to drive my friend but I made ...
  A: First of all, please check to see if the inside door handle has returned back to it's original ...
underside of hood9/13/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: I stupidly lowered my car hood, forgetting that one of the wipers was sticking out and it poked a ...
  A: ...The hood insulator's main 2 functions are to suppress engine noise and heat. Not to worry. Having ...
I never did get an answer....9/11/2015Gary
  Q: This may be a screwup with Allexperts, but I asked the question below, many weeks ago, maybe over a ...
  A: I'm not sure what happened with your original question. However, I do think I can answer your ...
Collision damage9/10/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX 4 cylinder. My car was hit on the driver side door and the driver side ...
  A: ...Thank you for supplying the 2 pictures. To do a proper repair, all body side mouldings, belt ...
floor pan 89 s108/31/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: i have to replace the floor pan on a 89 s10 drivers side but dont know how any advice or ...
  A: ...Once you have removed the seat and interior floor carpeting, the first thing you will need to do, ...
bumper painting8/26/2015Dave Norgardt
  Q: My 2004 Buick, bumper was scraped on one corner. How should I touch up the paint and what type of ...
  A: ...These are the steps and materials I would recommend for your particular bumper spot in repair. ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt

Top Expert on this page