Auto body repair & detailing/Vinyl top removal-84 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Cadillac Vinyl top removal
Cadillac Vinyl top rem  
So I decided to remove the vinyl top off my 84 Coupe.  What do you recommend to remove the adhesive residue from the roof top?  What's a good ballpark amount to pay out to have the factory rivets and trim mounts grinded down and the factory seams cleaned up and refilled with body filler and primed for paint?

Hi Wil,

You can use an adhesive remover for removing the left over residue. As far as a estimate for the work you want done you'll need to check with an auto body repair shop for an accurate estimate. Here's some links for adhesive removers made by 3M which should work well:

Auto body repair & detailing

I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.

I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.