Auto body repair & detailing/Painting a plastic body golf cart

I have a 94 Hyundai golf cart, the body is plastic, it is sound with no cracks but it is dull with no shine, I attempted to wax it but it did not work. I think I would like to paint it, nothing fancy, but I know that plastic is tough to paint, what about using Krylon Fusion paint for plastic? Any ideas would be appreciated, Thanks

Hi Al,

I know of a couple of people who have used Fusion and was not impressed. I recommend using SEM Paints. They have a very good plastic spray. However, I also recommend using an adhesion promoter. I am listing below a link to SEM Color Coat paints and a very good adhesion promoter.

Auto body repair & detailing

I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.

I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.