Auto body repair & detailing/airbrushing auto

when I airbrush sometimes sections of what i painted wrinkle up and i have to sand it and do it again wen i am clearcoating why does this happen what am i doing wrong

Hi Tim,

It sounds like a product compatibility issue. Are you using paints that are designed to be clear-coated or are you using just some colors you have laying around? Acrylic Enamels are one of the world's worst products for airbrushing because they have a window time in which they can't be painted on. If you paint in the window time they will wrinkle every time even if you coat them with the same kind of paint. Enamels especially don't like lacquers going over top of them. My advise is get some true airbrush colors and that should solve your problem.

Auto body repair & detailing

I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.

I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.