Auto body repair & detailing/airbrushing auto

Question
when I airbrush sometimes sections of what i painted wrinkle up and i have to sand it and do it again wen i am clearcoating why does this happen what am i doing wrong

Answer
Hi Tim,

It sounds like a product compatibility issue. Are you using paints that are designed to be clear-coated or are you using just some colors you have laying around? Acrylic Enamels are one of the world's worst products for airbrushing because they have a window time in which they can't be painted on. If you paint in the window time they will wrinkle every time even if you coat them with the same kind of paint. Enamels especially don't like lacquers going over top of them. My advise is get some true airbrush colors and that should solve your problem.

Auto body repair & detailing

Gary