Auto body repair & detailing/1976 chevy impala

how can i repair the side windows on this car they are rusted out bad..i am gonna put a vinyl top on it after painting..just looking for a better way to repair the metal and find the chrome to go around the window..any suggestions would help..

Hi Matthew,

When dealing with rust I would recommend that you look into KBS Rust Seal. This product can be applied directly over rust to help stiffen up rusty weak metal. If your metal is in poor shape  Rust Seal can also be used in conjunction with fiberglass mat to give extra strength to badly deteriorated metal.

Here is a link where you can find the product:

On the chrome trim I would suggest that you try a glass company. Sometimes they have access to moldings that go around the front and back glasses of many types of vehicles.

Auto body repair & detailing

I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.

I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.