Auto body repair & detailing/1976 chevy impala

Question
how can i repair the side windows on this car they are rusted out bad..i am gonna put a vinyl top on it after painting..just looking for a better way to repair the metal and find the chrome to go around the window..any suggestions would help..

Answer
Hi Matthew,

When dealing with rust I would recommend that you look into KBS Rust Seal. This product can be applied directly over rust to help stiffen up rusty weak metal. If your metal is in poor shape  Rust Seal can also be used in conjunction with fiberglass mat to give extra strength to badly deteriorated metal.

Here is a link where you can find the product: http://www.repaintsupply.com/kbs-4301-rust-seal-gloss-black-pint-p5008.html

On the chrome trim I would suggest that you try a glass company. Sometimes they have access to moldings that go around the front and back glasses of many types of vehicles.

Auto body repair & detailing

Gary