Auto body repair & detailing/drivers side wing


QUESTION: I have recently bought a drivers side wing off someone and they have told me that this is 'not a bolt on' item...what does this mean? Will it still be able to be fitted onto my car. If it helps I own a 2002 seat leon.
Thank you so much for your help

ANSWER: Hi Lesley,

This means that the glass will not attach by using nuts, bolts, or fasteners. Most likely it will be glued in with a urethane glass installation adhesive. Similar to the following links:


---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: but this item isnt connected to any glass as it is just the wing above the wheel

Hi Lesley,

Sorry, I misunderstood your original application. I think what you actually will need is a double sided tape (also called 2 sided tape). This tape is used for attaching moldings and accessories on vehicles. I would recommend that you only use the 3M professional grade attachment tape since it has been proven to be the best on the market. Many manufacturers use it in manufacturing their products. Double sided tape is used to attach all types of accessories to a paint surface or to plastic surfaces.

Here are some links for some different sizes of 3M double sided tape:

7/8" wide 20 yards, long:

1/2" wide 20 yards, long:

1/2" wide 5 yards, long:

Approx 1/4" wide, 5 yards long:

Auto body repair & detailing

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.


I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.

©2017 All rights reserved.