Auto body repair & detailing/swirls and scratches on new 2012 black rogue

i just purchased a new 2012 nissan rogue black in colour. during inspection before taking possesion i noticed many scratches and swirls and refused to take possesion of the vehicle. can the swirls and scratches be removed or is it too late because they have already been embedded in the paint. and what causes this to happen

Hi Tomakis,

This is probably from when the vehicle was polished at some point in time. Black shows all minor defects in the finish so extra care must be taken when caring for it. The swirls and scratches can be removed if the proper steps are followed. I recommend using the 3M Perfect It system. Here is a link where you can watch a video concerning the proper steps for working with black vehicles:

Auto body repair & detailing

I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.

I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.