Auto body repair & detailing/Automobile framework

Question

I always wanted to know how cars are made with their great shapes. I mean, I understand they are designed in CAD software for best aerodynamics and all. But what I wanted to know in particular was how to they physically make the metal in those shapes (that too without it looking wrinkled or shabby!).

I saw a video on YouTube about the BMW manufacturing and they only showed them "plugging" the metal parts and welding them in place. What they didn't show is how they got those (exterior) shapes in the first place - with all the smoothness it has.

So, how do they do it?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Vivek!....Unfortunatley, this not my area of expertise....Sorry....All I can do, is to direct you to the Wikipedia website, and punch in "Vehicle Design"....I have checked it out....From there it will give you options as to pretty much everything you would like to know....From start to finish....As to how a vehicle has come into production from conception....If you would like to know how to repair anything regarding Autobody repairs,...I will be more than happy to help you out....As this is my area of expertise....Thanks for your question....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt