Auto body repair & detailing/autobody

Question
I have a damaged outside drivers door and need it fixed can I purchase a skin for the doorof a 1991 Honda accord and have it welded on instead of getting a new door

Answer
Hi Philip!....I checked out the 2 largest Canadian websites for Autobody Repair Parts, and unfortunatly, neither one has a door skin available for your vehicle....I am not familiar if the U.S. has a similar type of web site....Sorry....Maybe give your insurance company a call, and ask them who they use to acquire replacement aftermarket body parts....Hopefully, they can point you in the right direction....What you can also do, is to give your local Honda Dealership a call, and see if they have one still available....Another option, is to check with the Auto Wreckers, and see if they can find you a complete door in reasonable condition....The cost of a used door, should be comparable to the cost of a new door skin, and will at least save you the time of installing the skin yourself, or having to pay a Body Shop to do it as well if need be....Just as a note, if you are having a Body Shop install the door skin, the average going labor time rate is 6.5 hours to install a complete door skin, without any splicing....Hope this helps you out....If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me a line again....Thanks....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt