Auto body repair & detailing/fish eye problem

hi! im having a problem with fish lines are clean do u think it could be a too fast thinner in the base coat and a slower thinner in the clear coat?thank you

Hi Martin,

No, typically fish-eye is a contamination problem. Stemming from either the surface being painted, the air lines, or something airborne in the shop itself.

I would suggest using a product called Polycracker. It was originally designed to remove polymer sealants from new cars but it also works very well to remove all types of contaminants from the surface prior to painting. Here is a link where you can find more information:

Auto body repair & detailing

I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.

I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.