Auto body repair & detailing/clear coat paint

Question
bought a can of clear from auto parts satore through work, i had a few chipping areas. usedand came out totally dull and does NOT  match rest of hood! looks awful. what can i do? i tried wax, no go how about rubbing compound?

Answer
Hi Pat,

Most aerosol clear-coats are made with lacquers. They will always dye back and leave a terrible shine. Unfortunately, the only way you're going to match the clear that's on the car is to sand it back down and use a different clear-coat.

I recommend a product made by SprayMax. It has an outstanding gloss holdout, more chip resistant, and is fuel resistant. Here's a link where you can find the product:

http://www.repaintsupply.com/spraymax-3680061-2k-urethane-clear-coat-aerosol-p36

Do try it, you'll be very impressed that it came from an aerosol can.

Auto body repair & detailing

Gary