Auto body repair & detailing/car key scratch

I have a red 2012 ford fiesta SE. I haven't even had it a year and
someone scratched an approx. 18" line in it.
What application and/or products would you suggest if I were to try  fix it myself ?  
Thank you in advance.

Hi Jody,

Honestly Jody, I would take it to a reputable body shop. Blending the color and matching the clear coat appearance can be very tricky. If paint and body work is not something you've ever done before you can cause more damage than the actual scratch.

If using a body shop is out of the question, I would suggest that you just stick with a touch-up paint that corresponds with the color code on your vehicle. This won't be a perfect match but it should be very close and it will protect the surrounding paint from chipping and the metal from rusting.

Auto body repair & detailing

I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.

I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.