Auto body repair & detailing/car key scratch

Question
Hello,
I have a red 2012 ford fiesta SE. I haven't even had it a year and
someone scratched an approx. 18" line in it.
What application and/or products would you suggest if I were to try  fix it myself ?  
Thank you in advance.
Jody

Answer
Hi Jody,

Honestly Jody, I would take it to a reputable body shop. Blending the color and matching the clear coat appearance can be very tricky. If paint and body work is not something you've ever done before you can cause more damage than the actual scratch.

If using a body shop is out of the question, I would suggest that you just stick with a touch-up paint that corresponds with the color code on your vehicle. This won't be a perfect match but it should be very close and it will protect the surrounding paint from chipping and the metal from rusting.

Auto body repair & detailing

Gary