Auto body repair & detailing/holes


I have a 91 tracker with two small holes, one in each wheel well.  These holes do enter into the driving compartment.  I was wondering if I could use silicon rubber (RTV) to seal these holes?  My annual PA state inspection is due and my state allows no holes in the body.

Hi Wes!....Unfortunatly, I can't answer your question. Being from Canada, we have a totally different set of rules and regulations here, even from Province to Province. And I also know that the rules and regs vary from State to State in the U.S. also. I would suggest that you call your local inspection center, and ask them what would be an acceptable repair in your State for a situation such as yours. Sorry I could not help you out, but thanks for your question....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dave Norgardt


Absolutely anything autobody related... Frame repair, suspension, alignment, panel replacement, panel repair, fiberglass, plastic repair, paint, air bags, etc.....


Over 30 years in related areas. 25 years in HEAVY frame repair, suspension, and alignment procedures. As well as panel replacement and repairs, etc.....

Journeyman Autobody Technician with Red Seal/Interprovincial certification from N.A.I.T. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Top Achiever award second year, also from N.A.I.T. Also have Platinum status from I-Car Canada...Also have Journeyman Partsman Certificate, Lethbridge, Alberta...

Awards and Honors
Second Year Top Achiever from N.A.I.T.Edmonton

©2017 All rights reserved.