Auto body repair & detailing/Online or in person (parts source)

Question
I've got a 1987 long bed Toyota pickup. I need to replace the right rear tail light assembly. (An easy enough job that even *I* can do it :-))

Is it simpler/less expensive to order it from a source online or try to find a local place that may carry it or order it for me? Given the age of the truck, I *seriously* doubt I'd have any luck finding it locally - but maybe I'm wrong ...

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Rob!....As far as any part from a dealership goes, the cost is usually 1/2 at the Auto wreckers, comparing a facory part, to a used one price wise. I checked out the Cross Canada web site for you, and an aftermarket tail light for this application, will run in between $82 to $142 Dollars. Depending on the quality of fit and finish. If cost is an issue, I would recommend, checking out all 3...Dealer item, used, and aftermarket. From there, you can decide what is right for you. As far as on-line shopping goes, that is also an option. Please make sure, if you go this route, that all shipping, freight, handling, etc. charges are included. From my past experience goes, finding something at a good price on line sounds great, but then when all of the charges are included, I could have found it cheaper locally. Hope this helps you out....Thanks...Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt