Auto body repair & detailing/Washing car bottom

Question
Is there a good way to wash salt, etc, from the bottom of a car rather than going to Delta Sonic? I'd like to save money, but don't know another way to do it than the underneath sprayers that car washes have. Can it be easily done with a hose at a self-service wash?

Answer
Hi

Very good question. I have often advised my customers to go through a carwash for the undercarriage wash. Mostly for removal of salt during the winter. If your so inclined to do it yourself, the high pressure washer equipment at a self serve wash should be fine if you don't mind getting down and looking where you are spraying. A regular garden hose will work in a pinch, but the pressure most of the time isn't high enough.  

Auto body repair & detailing

Bob