Auto body repair & detailing/Wrangler body damage

Damage 2
Damage 2  
Hi, first off thanks for taking time to help me out.   I have a 00 jeep wrangler that I recently had an accident in. The accident was at lower speed so all damage was cosmetic. I have already replaced my fenders but I'm wondering what to do with the grille. Across the top of the all of the vents it's dented probably an inch in depth. It's a smooth dent if that makes sense. No folding or kinking. At the bottom of the grille in the center it is slightly U shaped about a foot in length. Do you think something like this can be reshaped and put back close to its original form? Thatnks again.

Hi Eddie!....Thanks for the pictures! It is definitely repairable. If you are doing it yourself, you will need a uni-spotter to do the job properly. This is a tool that spot welds  studs into the low spots, in which you attach a slide hammer onto the studs to pull out the crease and dents. Once you have worked the metal back into shape as close to original as possible, then you will need to obviously repair the remainder with a body filler, prime, sand and paint as required. Being that the vertical bars in the grille are close to the damage, this will just require some extra time to repair around them. As a second option, you might also wish to check into a replacement grill shell, as aftermarket ones are available for these models. The aftermarket parts these days, fit much better than ones years ago, and cost much less than an OEM part. Hope this helps you out. If you have any further questions regarding absolutely anything, please do not hesitate to write me back....Thanks....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt

Absolutely anything autobody related... Frame repair, suspension, alignment, panel replacement, panel repair, fiberglass, plastic repair, paint, air bags, etc.....

Over 30 years in related areas. 25 years in HEAVY frame repair, suspension, and alignment procedures. As well as panel replacement and repairs, etc.....

Journeyman Autobody Technician with Red Seal/Interprovincial certification from N.A.I.T. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Top Achiever award second year, also from N.A.I.T. Also have Platinum status from I-Car Canada...Also have Journeyman Partsman Certificate, Lethbridge, Alberta...

Second Year Top Achiever from N.A.I.T.Edmonton