Auto body repair & detailing/generator repair

Question
Hi. In a couple of months we are moving from Maine to Fla.
We have a 1995 motor home. It was used as a traveling medical office.

Well, anyway, the generator is broke. All we really know for sure is that the gas line is cut. We don't know what else is wrong.

I was told that it would be BETTER to get the generator that is built in, FIXED.

I can buy a brand new one less than $400 and the repair shop gets  $92/hr.

What I need to know is: does it really make that big of a difference if I get that one fixed or get a new one?

I think I'd be just as well off to get another one but that's my opinion.

I'd appreciate any help.

thanks,
joyce

Answer
Hi Joyce!....I have to agree with you. First off, in my opinion, I would suggest purchasing a rebuilt unit instead of buying a brand new one. You can pick one of these up at your local Auto Parts Supply store, and they will generally offer the same warranty as a brand new one, and the cost is usually about half the price of a new one. As for getting the original one rebuilt, it would be the same as purchasing a rebuilt unit anyway. So I think you will be further ahead just picking up a rebuilt one, as the cost of rebuilding one individually, might even run into more money, as rebuilt ones are mass produced, thus keeping the cost down. Hope I have helped you out...If you have any further questions, feel free to drop me another line...Thanks....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt