Auto body repair & detailing/Buffing dcc

We recently painted vw, all apart. Upon buffing noticed whitening. Also it's like we can tell between coats of paint? We sprayed 3 coats using 895 reducer, 15 min. Between coats. We have used this product numerous times w no problem. Any info would b appreciated.

Hi David....Sorry to hear you ran into a problem such as this. There is a condition which resembles what you described, and it is called "Blushing". Is it possible that when you did your spraying, the weather conditions were extremely hot and humid? (This is a direct result of Blushing.) What happens, is some of the thinner evaporates as it leaves the gun, and some as it hits the surface. The thinner evaporation creates a cooling condition that causes moisture in the air to condense into droplets and mix with the spray stream. As the spray hits the surface and the film forms, the condensed moisture droplets are trapped, giving a dull, hazy, or cloudy look. Sorry to say, but unfortunately the only remedy is to re-spray....Hope this helps you out....Please drop me another line if you have any other questions....Thanks....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt

Absolutely anything autobody related... Frame repair, suspension, alignment, panel replacement, panel repair, fiberglass, plastic repair, paint, air bags, etc.....

Over 30 years in related areas. 25 years in HEAVY frame repair, suspension, and alignment procedures. As well as panel replacement and repairs, etc.....

Journeyman Autobody Technician with Red Seal/Interprovincial certification from N.A.I.T. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Top Achiever award second year, also from N.A.I.T. Also have Platinum status from I-Car Canada...Also have Journeyman Partsman Certificate, Lethbridge, Alberta...

Second Year Top Achiever from N.A.I.T.Edmonton