Auto body repair & detailing/hit in the rear of my 2004 saturn ion

I was hit in the rear of my 2004 Saturn and it bent the trunk in,cracked the trunk lid and back panels. I want to know if the trunk can be replaced?"Is the car a uni body to where I can just un bolt it and put a new one in? I found the exact car at a pull your part. The insurance company says they will sale the car back to me for 375.00

Hi Charles!....Please let me start off by saying that yes, your 2004 Saturn is definitely a unibody constructed vehicle. Unfortunately, all of the panels and structural components, are welded together, using a resistance spot welder from the factory. In order to make a proper and safe repair, you will need to have access to a MIG welder, measuring equipment, spot weld cutters, corrosion protection materials, etc. That being said, you mentioned that the insurance company will sell you back your car for $375.00. This is an indication that the vehicle has been written off. Once a "written off" vehicle has been re-purchased, the vehicle must be repaired to factory specifications, and then inspected from a licensed write off inspector, in order to be able to be re- insured and re- registered. One last note, please check with your insurance company and ask how your vehicle was "Flagged". If it was flagged as "Salvage", the vehicle cannot be repaired and back on the road. If it was flagged as "Written Off", then it can be repaired and back on the road, providing it passes all inspections....Hope this helps you out Charles....Please drop me a line anytime if you have any other questions or concerns....Thanks....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt

Absolutely anything autobody related... Frame repair, suspension, alignment, panel replacement, panel repair, fiberglass, plastic repair, paint, air bags, etc.....

Over 30 years in related areas. 25 years in HEAVY frame repair, suspension, and alignment procedures. As well as panel replacement and repairs, etc.....

Journeyman Autobody Technician with Red Seal/Interprovincial certification from N.A.I.T. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Top Achiever award second year, also from N.A.I.T. Also have Platinum status from I-Car Canada...Also have Journeyman Partsman Certificate, Lethbridge, Alberta...

Second Year Top Achiever from N.A.I.T.Edmonton