You are here:

Auto body repair & detailing/i have a question about a honda accord repair and parts


car wreck 1
car wreck 1  
Hi my cousin had recently wrecked my car. Its a 2005 Honda accord. I was wondering if you could by chance tell me how much in damages I'm looking at and what parts look like there missing beside the radiator cause I was watching this video and I seen them take down the bumper and there was like this big black box with a black tube sticking thru it beside the radiator which I notice on mine its missing vt I've been driving it and haven't had no problems just a weired feeling when I turn the wheel all the way while I'm turning sometimes but if you could please tell me what part you think it is. I would really appreciate it.

Hi Anjelica!....Thanks for sending me a picture of the damage. It definitely helps out. From what I can see, you will obviously need a front bumper cover and a bumper re-bar. To get a full list of parts required, and to see any hidden damage, unfortunately, the bumper cover will need to be removed. That being said, I checked out the "Cross Canada" web site for you. ( I will list the link below). Depending on what model Accord you have, ( Sedan, Coupe, Hybrid, etc.,) most of the front end parts are available. It lists part numbers, prices, descriptions and pictures. When you get to the web site, click "Order Online" on the top right hand side, next click "Guest Login" for Alberta. It will then take you to where you just punch in your year, make and model. It will now list all parts available. In regards to the black box you are referring to, these are generally referred to as an "Air Box". They are used for the intake of air for the fuel system, as well as cooling for electronic/computer modules and components. Also, if you feel something is not right while turning, my guess is that some of the damage has been pushed back towards the left wheel causing contact with the tire. A wheel alignment should be done, as to check for damaged suspension components.....Hope this helps you out....Please feel free to drop me another line if you have any other questions or concerns....Thanks....Dave

Here is the link:

Auto body repair & detailing

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dave Norgardt


Absolutely anything autobody related... Frame repair, suspension, alignment, panel replacement, panel repair, fiberglass, plastic repair, paint, air bags, etc.....


Over 30 years in related areas. 25 years in HEAVY frame repair, suspension, and alignment procedures. As well as panel replacement and repairs, etc.....

Journeyman Autobody Technician with Red Seal/Interprovincial certification from N.A.I.T. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Top Achiever award second year, also from N.A.I.T. Also have Platinum status from I-Car Canada...Also have Journeyman Partsman Certificate, Lethbridge, Alberta...

Awards and Honors
Second Year Top Achiever from N.A.I.T.Edmonton

©2017 All rights reserved.