Auto body repair & detailing/2010 Nissan Rogue Side Scrape Repair

Question
2010Nissan
2010Nissan  
QUESTION: Hello,
I am considering buying a 2010 Nissan Rogue that has a side scrape on rear passenger door. Image attached. Could you please give me an idea on the cost of repair for such a damage. That will help me factor that into the offer.

Thank you!

ANSWER: Hi Ajay!....Thanks for the picture. As long as there is no sheet metal damage to the RHS rear door or quarter panel, it should just be a straight refinishing procedure. Average flat rate time to refinish a door is around 3.5 Hours, and 3.5 Hours for a quarter panel as well. Each time should include Clear Coat. To do the job properly, all exterior trim on the door including door handle, belt moulding, bodyside mouldings if applicable, should be removed. Average time for this would be around 2.0 Hours. In regards to the quarter panel, the quarter window and rear bumper cover should be removed as well. Quarter window time would be around 2.0 Hours, and the bumper cover at 1.5 Hours. Total flat rate labor time would be 12.5 Hours. The door rate here is $75.00 per Hour. That being the case, total cost would be 12.5 X $75.00 = $937.50...Please remember this is just an estimate, as labor rates and flat rate times can vary considerably from area to area, and also from which type of estimating system the shop uses....That being said, this should give you a base starting point....Hope this helps you out...If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to drop me another line anytime....Thanks....Dave

QUESTION: Thank you for the detailed response. What if there is sheet metal bent out of shape? Will that be straightened out or will the door be replaced?

Answer
Hi again Ajay....From the looks of the picture you sent me, the sheet metal damage would be very minor, and would be repaired. Unfortunately, without seeing the vehicle in person, I can't give you an estimate on repair time. Sorry....Hope this helps you out also...Thanks for your question....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt