Auto body repair & detailing/paint blending


I touched up part of my hood of my 2005 ford with spray-on
Dupli-Color same color paint. How can I blend the oringinal paint  with the new?
         Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim,

Spraying light coats is the key. You will probably need to use a blending product to melt in your edges thats left from the overspray. I suggest a product that is made by Dominion Sure Seal called Fade Away. It does a nice job to melt in the overspray. Here's a link where you can find more information:

Auto body repair & detailing

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.


I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.

©2017 All rights reserved.