Auto body repair & detailing/radiator support

Question
By any chance would you know how many spot welds there are for Nissan Xterra 2000 on the radiator support?

Answer
Hi Jimmy!....Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the number of spot welds on a rad support for your vehicle. Sorry. If you would like to know the actual number, I will suggest that you contact the Nissan Tech Support Line, and see if they can help you out in regards to your question. What I can tell you though, is that if you need to replace the rad support in your Nissan Xterra, (or any other vehicle for that matter), you will need to first drill a 1/8" pilot hole directly in the center of each factory spot weld. Once this is done, you will then need to drill out the spot weld completely, going through only the the top layer, using a 3/8" spot weld cutter. (Both the 1/8" pilot bits, and 3/8" spot weld cutters are available at most retail auto parts supply stores). Once this step has been completed, the rad support will be able to be removed. When installing the new rad support, you will then need to duplicate the same number of spot welds, install them in the same position, and use a weld through primer to ensure the proper corrosion protection....Hope this helps you.....Feel free to write me back if you have any other questions....Thanks....Dave.

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt