Auto body repair & detailing/correct primer

Question
I am repainting a 1954 dodge m37 military truck with a solvent based olive drab paint.I have it down to bare metal and can't decide what primer to use.self etching,epoxy,or high build polyester. I'm leaning towards evercoat superbuild 4:1 high build polyester primer.It sounds like a one step primer .it claims it is DTM, with no need for self etch or epoxy primers and is compatible with solvent based paint.I plan to prep parts , primer them,and set them to the side until I have enough parts to paint all at the same time, doing most of the truck piece by piece.Would this be a durable base ? I want to protect from rust the best I can so I don't  have to do it all over again in 10 years.THANKS !!

Answer
Hi John,

I personally would highly recommend using a high quality epoxy such as PPG's DP Epoxy primers. It is built for corrosion resistance to bare metal. I would not trust an All-In-One kind of product direct to bare metal. They do work but you won't get the corrosion resistance like you will get from PPG DP Epoxy.

Auto body repair & detailing

Gary