Auto body repair & detailing/Dented bumper on Chevy Silverado

Question
Hi Dave,

My truck was backed into a pole and it dented my rear bumper and the corner panel behind the bumper.  The corner of the tailgate was bent a little and will only open half way.  Any idea of repair costs or some kind of estimate and what I would be looking at?  It won't need any paint, just a new bumper and a little work to get my tailgate to open.  I appreciate any thoughts.

Thank You!!!
Jevon

Answer
Hi Jevon....Judging by your description of the damage in regards to the tail gate only opening about half way, unfortunately, there is a distinct possibility that the lower corner of the box panel has been pushed inward. This would cause the tailgate corner to be bent, and to not open completely. Without seeing the damage, and judging from past experience in repairing similar damage, my guess for cost would be in the area of $1500 to $2000. This would include repairing the box panel and tail gate, refinishing them both, and installation of new rear bumper assembly.

Hope this gives you an idea of the possible cost. If you could send me a picture or 2 of the damage, I could give you a more accurate estimate.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to write me back....Thanks....Dave.

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt