Auto body repair & detailing/auto body welding

I'm shopping for a mig welder for auto body repair. Mostly quarter panel and rocker replacement, all basically sheet metal repair. Can you recommend any mig welders in a lower price range that will do what I want? Thanks.

Hi Daniel....The welder that I personally would recommend, is a Lincoln Mig Pack 140. It runs on 110 Volts, and you can use it on a standard 15 amp circuit. However, if you are doing longer periods of continous welding on a high setting, it is recommended to have a 20 amp circuit/breaker installed. This welder is both flux core and gas compatible. Straight out of the box, it comes wired for flux core wire. If you decide to use gas, you simply just need to reverse the positive and negative leads around, and hook up the guages and a gas bottle. I picked one of these welders up last fall, and I am more than happy with the quality and performance. The price up here when I purchased it was on sale at $449.00.....Hope this helps you out.... If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to drop me another line....Thanks....Dave.

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt

Absolutely anything autobody related... Frame repair, suspension, alignment, panel replacement, panel repair, fiberglass, plastic repair, paint, air bags, etc.....

Over 30 years in related areas. 25 years in HEAVY frame repair, suspension, and alignment procedures. As well as panel replacement and repairs, etc.....

Journeyman Autobody Technician with Red Seal/Interprovincial certification from N.A.I.T. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Top Achiever award second year, also from N.A.I.T. Also have Platinum status from I-Car Canada...Also have Journeyman Partsman Certificate, Lethbridge, Alberta...

Second Year Top Achiever from N.A.I.T.Edmonton