Auto body repair & detailing/auto body welding

Question
I'm shopping for a mig welder for auto body repair. Mostly quarter panel and rocker replacement, all basically sheet metal repair. Can you recommend any mig welders in a lower price range that will do what I want? Thanks.

Answer
Hi Daniel....The welder that I personally would recommend, is a Lincoln Mig Pack 140. It runs on 110 Volts, and you can use it on a standard 15 amp circuit. However, if you are doing longer periods of continous welding on a high setting, it is recommended to have a 20 amp circuit/breaker installed. This welder is both flux core and gas compatible. Straight out of the box, it comes wired for flux core wire. If you decide to use gas, you simply just need to reverse the positive and negative leads around, and hook up the guages and a gas bottle. I picked one of these welders up last fall, and I am more than happy with the quality and performance. The price up here when I purchased it was on sale at $449.00.....Hope this helps you out.... If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to drop me another line....Thanks....Dave.

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt