Auto body repair & detailing/Dimethyl silicones

Question
I recently bought some inexpensive 'protectant wipes' by Four Peaks and they are supposed to "prevent UV damage, clean, shine and protect plastic, vinyl and rubber surfaces." I only used it on the black plastic on my side view mirrors and they look much better. Since my car sits out in the sun all day, I was going to also put it on the black exterior plastic pillars that are between
the front and back doors, and maybe on the rubber stripping around the door windows. These contain a "blend of dimethyl silicones." My car is only a year old and I don't want to ruin it. Is this stuff safe to use, or will it make these surfaces worse in the long run?  Thanks

Answer
Hi Lee,

It should be fine. Silicones are often used in paint and plastic protectants and dressings to promote u.v protection. This product does not appear to contain solvents or other harsh chemicals that are typically known to deteriorate plastics.

As an alternative product you could try Simix Nano Magic . It works extremely well to prevent fading, yellowing, and oxidation.

Auto body repair & detailing

Gary