Auto body repair & detailing/Paint raising on hood.

I have a 2013 F-rs and it has a problem with 2 spots on my hood that are raised.  They are trying to say that it is bird droppings.  I know for a fact that it is not due to the fact that it is raising from UNDERNEATH the paint.  I have researched many times what damage the droppings can do.  This looks NOTHING like that.  I have received different professional opinions and they all have said that it is a problem underneath.  I am at a loss because I am always getting the run around from the service department.  My car is still under warranty and I have had nothing but problems with the dealership.  What should I do?

Hi Carrie,

I am sorry that you are having a problem with the dealerships service department.

Without seeing the damage it would be tough for me to make an assessment on exactly what is happening.

Get two or three detailed estimates from body shops, plus the cost to repair the hood and the warranty on the paint. If the body shops all concur that the damage is in fact a paint defect, take this docmuntation to the dealership and be forceful and demand that the paint be repainted under warranty. If this doesn't work than you will have to start up the chain-of-commend with the car companies regional manager. Work up from there. Document every step of the way. If you have to go to small claims court to sue the dealership, the more documentation you have the better off you will be - CYA!

Auto body repair & detailing

Most questions pertaining to Automotive and Motorcyle Cleaning & Detailing. Please DO NOT SEND ME QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO PAINTING, BODY WORK, DENTS, DINGS, REPLACING PANELS....ETC.

I have operated a stand alone detail center for 30 plus years

Professional Detailers Association

Auto Laundry Magaazine Carwash & Detail Magazine Old Cars News

College credits in law, business, public speaking & instruction.

Ardex ClearCoat polishing course Best of the Best Auto Detailing Central Jersey