Auto body repair & detailing/Rear Bumper Paint

I wanted to ask what it might be to paint a 2015 Chevy Malibu rear bumper. No rear camera or sensors. The bumber brackets (PN 20809864 and 20809863) need to be replaed. No holes the bumber. Also looking for a recommendation of someone in the Cincy area to do the work. CarStar seemed outrageous at the price below:
Parts 24.36
Body Labor 7.5 hrs @ $ 48.00 /hr 360.00
Paint Labor 4.5 hrs @ $ 48.00 /hr 216.00
Paint Supplies 4.5 hrs @ $ 30.00 /hr 135.00
Body Supplies 5.4 hrs @ $ 3.00 /hr 16.20
Subtotal 751.56
Sales Tax $ 751.56 @ 6.7500 % 50.73
Grand Total 802.29
Deductible 0.00

Hi Randy....In regards to your question about what it might cost to refinish a rear bumper cover on a 2015 Chevy  Malibu, in my opinion, you are absolutely correct that this price is outrageous. Especially when I look at the body labor and body supply times. This is a red flag. To remove, overhaul, and re-install a rear bumper cover, the labor time would not be any more than 3.5 hours. As for parts, $24.36 is reasonable, as it will replace the needed clips and fasteners that would be damaged with the removal and re-installation of the rear bumper cover. There should also not be any other charges as in "Body Supplies", as this is already covered with the parts description. In regards to refinishing, the paint labor and paint supplies seem to be on board with the times an cost relevant to us here....Hope this helps you out. Please drop me another line, if you have any other questions....Thanks....Dave.

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt

Absolutely anything autobody related... Frame repair, suspension, alignment, panel replacement, panel repair, fiberglass, plastic repair, paint, air bags, etc.....

Over 30 years in related areas. 25 years in HEAVY frame repair, suspension, and alignment procedures. As well as panel replacement and repairs, etc.....

Journeyman Autobody Technician with Red Seal/Interprovincial certification from N.A.I.T. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Top Achiever award second year, also from N.A.I.T. Also have Platinum status from I-Car Canada...Also have Journeyman Partsman Certificate, Lethbridge, Alberta...

Second Year Top Achiever from N.A.I.T.Edmonton