Auto body repair & detailing/underside of hood

I stupidly lowered my car hood, forgetting that one of the wipers was sticking out and it poked a hole through the foam cushioning that covers the underside of the hood, it's about the size of a coin. Will this cause a problem?  Thanks

Hi Lee....The hood insulator's main 2 functions are to suppress engine noise and heat. Not to worry. Having just a small hole the size of a coin in it, will have no affect on either of it's 2 purposes. Over the years, I have actually come across more than a few instances where mice have made nests in them, and in others, the mice have literally chewed the hood insulators to pieces, in which these instances had no real adverse affect.....Thanks for your question....Dave.

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt

Absolutely anything autobody related... Frame repair, suspension, alignment, panel replacement, panel repair, fiberglass, plastic repair, paint, air bags, etc.....

Over 30 years in related areas. 25 years in HEAVY frame repair, suspension, and alignment procedures. As well as panel replacement and repairs, etc.....

Journeyman Autobody Technician with Red Seal/Interprovincial certification from N.A.I.T. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Top Achiever award second year, also from N.A.I.T. Also have Platinum status from I-Car Canada...Also have Journeyman Partsman Certificate, Lethbridge, Alberta...

Second Year Top Achiever from N.A.I.T.Edmonton