Auto body repair & detailing/underside of hood

Question
I stupidly lowered my car hood, forgetting that one of the wipers was sticking out and it poked a hole through the foam cushioning that covers the underside of the hood, it's about the size of a coin. Will this cause a problem?  Thanks

Answer
Hi Lee....The hood insulator's main 2 functions are to suppress engine noise and heat. Not to worry. Having just a small hole the size of a coin in it, will have no affect on either of it's 2 purposes. Over the years, I have actually come across more than a few instances where mice have made nests in them, and in others, the mice have literally chewed the hood insulators to pieces, in which these instances had no real adverse affect.....Thanks for your question....Dave.

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt