Auto body repair & detailing/Cost to repair small scratch on rear bumper

There is a small scratch - approx 4" long x 1/4" wide on the bumper of a 2005 Town and Country Van. Can you please tell me how a much it would cost to repair/repaint this scratch at a body shop? Most of it is still with paint but some is to metal or whatever the under paint material is. Any help is sincerely appreciated.
Thank you

Hi Pat,

Trying to put a price on a scratch is always difficult over the net. However, please allow me to give you some tips.

Always make sure you have checked references of the people you use to correct the scratch

Depending on how deep the scratch is will depend on who you will have to bring the car too.

There are many mobile services that will spot paint the damaged area and you will hardly notice there was any damage. That would be the first thing I would try.

A body shop will usually want to paint the entire bumper. This usually costs more, but might be the only way to correct the scratch.

Again seek out recommendations of these services. The internet can sometimes be a wonderful thing!

Auto body repair & detailing

Most questions pertaining to Automotive and Motorcyle Cleaning & Detailing. Please DO NOT SEND ME QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO PAINTING, BODY WORK, DENTS, DINGS, REPLACING PANELS....ETC.

I have operated a stand alone detail center for 30 plus years

Professional Detailers Association

Auto Laundry Magaazine Carwash & Detail Magazine Old Cars News

College credits in law, business, public speaking & instruction.

Ardex ClearCoat polishing course Best of the Best Auto Detailing Central Jersey