Auto body repair & detailing/rv delamination


I am looking to repair some delamination on a rv.  My plan is to either remove a window or drill a small hole at the top of the bubble and use a syringe and let epoxy resin flow into the delamination and then clamp it down with wood and supports.  So my question is what epoxy resin would work best for this?  Thanks

Hi Landon....There are generally two different types of resin. 1) SMC Resin. This is designed to repair SMC (Sheet Molded Compound) and Fiberglass. 2) Fiberglass Polyester Resin. This is a heavy, general purpose resin which can be used on Fiberglass and Metals.

In your particular application, I would recommend the SMC Resin. It is of a thinner consistency, which will flow more easily through a syringe, and will bond both styles of RV panels.

A third option if you are drilling a hole, is to use a structural adhesive. They are a 2 component product, and are available through most Autobody/Auto Parts retail outlets.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please drop me another line....Thanks....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dave Norgardt


Absolutely anything autobody related... Frame repair, suspension, alignment, panel replacement, panel repair, fiberglass, plastic repair, paint, air bags, etc.....


Over 30 years in related areas. 25 years in HEAVY frame repair, suspension, and alignment procedures. As well as panel replacement and repairs, etc.....

Journeyman Autobody Technician with Red Seal/Interprovincial certification from N.A.I.T. in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Top Achiever award second year, also from N.A.I.T. Also have Platinum status from I-Car Canada...Also have Journeyman Partsman Certificate, Lethbridge, Alberta...

Awards and Honors
Second Year Top Achiever from N.A.I.T.Edmonton

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]