Auto body repair & detailing/2003 ford taurus se

Question
hi i bought a car and the right side door was changed and there is a dent on the car body where the  closes on the bottom  ,but there is no dent  other then that ,my question is the car a unibody or not and it was put in salvage  we didnt know that until after we got the car and tried to register it , want know how can you tell if the frame is bent ,it dont look like it all it looks like the dent on the car body inside where the door closes and the right side tire  hub and wheel sensor had to be replaced

Answer
Hi Christine.

The correct way to tell if a frame is bent or damaged, would be to use a set of Autobody Tram Guages, Autobody Self Centering Guages, and a tape measure. You would also need the frame specification/dimension chart, to determine the correct points for measurement, as well as to determine the proper measurement dimensions. There is also a computerized measuring system available at most up to date Autobody shops.

My advice, would be to take it to your local Autody shop, and have them check it out. If the frame dimension are not at the factory specifications, then there is the distinct possibility that you will have an alignment issue, causing premature tire wear, the vehicle pulling to one side, etc....

Hope this helps you out....If you have any other questions or concerns, please write me back anytime....Thanks for your question....Dave

Auto body repair & detailing

Dave Norgardt