Auto body repair & detailing/recoating acrylic enamel

I painted my car 10 days ago.paint is still tacky in places. once it dries comepletly hopefully would I be able to lightly sand and repaint.

Hi Mike,

If it's acrylic enamel, it will have a specific time that you can repair and recoat. I would suggest checking with the paint manufacturer and seeing what they recommend for the repair time. Each paint brand can vary so I can't really give you a definitive answer.

Auto body repair & detailing

I can answer most questions on auto refinishing materials. Especially PPG products. I have knowledge in the latest repair materials and techniques. When it comes to automotive paint I have a solid understanding of how things work.

I have worked in a PPG paint retail/wholesale business for the last 15 years. I have dealt with many issues regarding paint and repair materials on a daily basis over the years. I don't know that I have all the answers but I would be willing to try.

PPG Trained and Certified. Training with 3M products and Meguair's products.