AutoCAD/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
AutoCAD 201711/22/2016Bill DeShawn
  Q: Do you think it's prudent to upgrade to AutoCAD 2017 given all the problems I've had with outdated ...
  A: Sheldon: "Outdated gear" is a bit difficult to address, since I can only imagine what that may mean. ...
AUTOCAD ALERT-UNHANDLED EXCEPTION8/30/2016Bill DeShawn
  Q: AutoCAD 2008 seems to be up to speed but when I open the application I get the following message: ...
  A: So, let me get this straight. You installed AutoCAD 2007 on a Windows 7 laptop. Just like my ...
Non responsive AutoCAD8/23/2016Bill DeShawn
  Q: We're back in business...wait...AutoCAD is not responding after installing maintenance of a popular ...
  A: If you don't already have a DWGtoPDF.pc3 file like all newer versions have, then use PDF995. It is ...
jagged lines when printing8/8/2016Bill DeShawn
  Q: All the horizontal lines are jagged when printing. This just started happening yesterday, all prints ...
  A: One thing that I've read that can cause this is when you don't use the plot command to print a ...
AutoCAD 2015 - Publish to web5/13/2016Scott Wilcox
  Q: Scott Hope you do not mind another 'issue' I was created a Web page (which I have managed a few ...
  A: I suspect you're correct; the Publishtoweb issue is likely also tied to your thumbnail preview ...
Open Preview Pane5/9/2016Scott Wilcox
  Q: Scott Re your last reply I have used the Organize and View tab to set as you advised but still no ...
  A: Here again is the procedure to run a Repair on your installation: 1.In Windows 7, click the ...
AutoCAD Open Preview5/3/2016Scott Wilcox
  Q: Scott Last response received with thanks Had to go thru the Experts again to ask follow-up 1. ...
  A: Bob, Did you review the images in my previous email? it should show you how to access the ...
AutoCAD 2015 Open Preview Pane4/26/2016Scott Wilcox
  Q: Scott Short and simple I do not have an Open Preview pane I have a Save preview pane I have been ...
  A: I would start by looking at the variable THUMBSAVE; make sure it is set to 1 (on). If your issue ...
AutoCAD 2015 Screen Menu4/11/2016Scott Wilcox
  Q: Scott Re last set of questions: 1.Script files - have given up on 2D animations - they don't wotk ...
  A: Bob, AutoCAD has changed so much since R12: then again, so has all technology; I ran R12 on a 486 ...
solid objects appearing hollow4/6/2016Bill DeShawn
  Q: I saw your answer to the above question and you mentioned using SHX font. I think this is the ...
  A: Please tell me the name of the missing font. I will see if I might have it or can find it for you. ...
AutoCAD 20154/5/2016Scott Wilcox
  Q: Scott I am a competent ACAD user since R2.5 thru R12 (the best),,,2105 I was in Education - ...
  A: Bob! I have been offline for a few days, sorry for the slow response. I started on R12, and ...
SOLVIew section and auxiliaty options11/24/2015Jory Borge
  Q: I am an AutoCAD with 30 years experience from Release 2.5 I have written various AutoCAD books ...
  A: I appreciate the positive feedback you gave me. & yes I agree, it's not a user error - you’re ...
Autocad LT20106/17/2015Scott Wilcox
  Q: Wondering if my Autocad LT2010 will install on new operating systems- Windows 7, 8 ?
  A: As far as I know, LT2010 will run on the Windows 7 platform; see the link below. ...
CAD5/31/2015Bill DeShawn
  Q: In CAD I can create a perspective view of a perfectly square box that was an ISO view using the ...
  A: Ron, I don't have any experience with the camera tool. However, what I think you're asking me is if ...
sticky cursor and array5/29/2015Scott Wilcox
  Q: Scott, I have a little problem with the cursor. It keep sticking around the work space as if the ...
  A: Your sticky snaps may be a performance issue. While your system may meet the minimum requirements, ...
command line4/16/2015Scott Wilcox
  Q: I have some trouble with the command line in AutoCAD 2015. Why is the command line always reads ...
  A: It sounds like you have Dynamic Input turned on. When DYN is active, keyboard entry appears at the ...
hatch on top of raster4/3/2015Bill DeShawn
  Q: ! I have attached a floor plan (.tif) drawing into Autocad 2013. I mirrored the resulting raster ...
  A: Jim: Your text does not have to be mirrored when you mirror parts of your drawing. Before ...
ddview in autocad 20143/5/2015Bill DeShawn
  Q: I have drawing that is orientated to true north. I want to get it back to YYZ plane. I put ucs to ...
  A: I think I could help you, but your description is a little fuzzy to me. When you set UCS to world ...
auto cad version2/27/2015Scott Wilcox
  Q: SHX can you advise which version of autocad i would need to allow me to use these functions. your ...
  A: Shape files are typically either font files, or parts of a custom linetype. As far as I know, shape ...
Autocad to Corel and back...1/29/2015Scott Wilcox
  Q: Scott - Thanks for any attention given my issue! I'm needing to take artwork done in Corel Draw X4 ...
  A: Dave, I have not used Corel Draw in a long time, but I recall having a similar challenge. The ...
coral draw/cad formats converted to 2d/cam12/31/2014Jory Borge
  Q: I work in South Africa on a Rover A3.3 cnc machine.Lately im getting more work from designers and ...
  A: Brendan, sorry i'm not familiar with .bpp file format (Rover A3.3). However i'm speculating that ...
Fonts11/11/2014Scott Wilcox
  Q: So, I just got an upgraded computer with AutoCAD 2010 installed on it. I had AutoCAD 2010 on my old ...
  A: Font files are external to AutoCAD dwg files, and are loaded as called by the drawing. Over time, ...
Macro for title block7/14/2014Scott Wilcox
  Q: You answered this question for me a number of years ago but our version of auto cad changed and we ...
  A: I just am back after being away a week. I have changed computers recently, and cannot locate any ...
Model space and Paper space7/10/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: Good morning Mr Bill ! I would like to ask you for some autoCad advises - My company just requests ...
  A: Jaylyn: The only reason I can think of that they might make such a request is to ensure that ...
TABLE OBJECTS-JUSTIFICATION/FORTMATTING7/4/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: July 4, 2014 Dear Bill: I am using strictly an AutoCAD Table Object. I get erratic ...
  A: Sheldon: About plot styles. The architect I work with and I are older guys, and we are used to ...
TABLE OBJECTS-FORMATTING7/4/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: July 3, 2014 Dear Bill: Cadkey...that's a concept... Hi Bill...it's one of those obscure ...
  A: Hey, Sheldon! How are you doing? :-) So, are you doing this with an AutoCAD Table? Or are ...
help file doesnot exits7/2/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: 1. I had red your suggestion before & I am not able to find the folder acad.exe & help.exe ...
  A: Suresh: 1. ACAD.exe is an executable file. It is not a folder. Depending on the version of ...
Query5/19/2014Scott Wilcox
  Q: With reference to AutoCAD Civil 3D, I am not a civil engineer nor do i have an engineering ...
  A: Civil 3D is typically used by engineering professionals, but can be learned by people outside of ...
Query5/19/2014Shauna Anderson
  Q: Good day With reference to AutoCAD Civil 3D, I am not a civil engineer nor do i have an engineering ...
  A: I am not familiar with Civil 3D. That being said, there is a lot of help in the program itself, and ...
Text from 2008 to 20145/9/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: I did some work at home using Autocad 2008 and when I bring it to work on Autocad 2014, some of the ...
  A: Actually, I do have an idea. Please double-check that the text style has not changed and that there ...
OLE object - resizing the image!4/30/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: I have a question regarding OLE objects. If I drag any image and paste into my CAD drawing, the ...
  A: Anubhav: I, too, have experienced this anomaly multiple times. Because of that, I have ceased to ...
moving dimension from model space to layout4/17/2014Shauna Anderson
  Q: I actually got my closest answer from your previous reply, but I am currently stuck at moving ...
  A: I have messed with this a LOT!! Here is what I found: Moving a scaled dimension from the model to ...
find tool3/24/2014Scott Wilcox
  Q: In my drawing I have a bunch of texts that have an "A" on the end of them. For example 132A, FV132A, ...
  A: The FIND tool can certainly replace the A character with a space, but if you set it to do so, be ...
Calculating BOQ3/13/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: I want to calculate Bill of quantities for through AutoCAD Plans. I was hoping to manipulate tricks ...
  A: Not sure I can answer to quantities of "elements", but I have a routine available for you that can ...
NAMED PLOT STYLES2/22/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: February 22, 2014 Dear Bill: Me again! In "Plot Style Table Settings." "Use Named Plot Styles" is ...
  A: and how about PSTYLEPOLICY and DEFLPLSTYLE? from Express Tools System Variable Editor: When the ...
PLOT STYLES2/22/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: February 22, 2014 Dear Bill: Quick questions: PSTYLEMODE: When this is set to "0," the drawing ...
  A: Sheldon: I'm not using the same version you are, but there should be a dialog or palette with ...
PSTYLESMODE - TURNING READ ONLY OFF2/21/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: February 20, 2014 Dear Bill: We're almost there...how do you toggle this system variable. It says ...
  A: This is not a quick toggle system variable. When you start a new drawing, if you are not using a ...
Copy/Paste issue2/17/2014Scott Wilcox
  Q: I'm having difficulty copying and pasting between drawings. This does not happen all the time and ...
  A: The most common reason I have encountered for copy/paste issues is metadata. Metadata is ...
AutoCAD 20082/17/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: February 16, 2014 Dear Bill: I owe a lot to you. Just for the heck of it I tried installing ...
  A: You don't owe me ANYTHING! Much of what you did, you did for yourself. I'm surprised you could ...
REINSTALLING AutoCAD 20072/13/2014Bill DeShawn
  Q: February 13, 2014 Dear Bill: I'm at the library. I've had scant email access for the last 1 1/2 ...
  A: Standard users need elevated status to install programs, especially ones like AutoCAD. Can you log ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn

Top Expert on this page