AutoCAD/How to identify author homework autocad file

RandomOracle wrote at 2010-06-07 16:01:27
Hey, doesn't AutoCAD enter entities into the database pretty much in the order in which they are created?  This sounds like a digital communications encryption question more than anything.  IT typically do configure corporate CAD department resources such that traceability is afforded --with considerable inconvenience to the user (no work-at-home).  If (IF) this convenience is an important convenience to offer your student body, then maybe you can save them the higher course fees from corporate-level IT management.  ASSUMING that the first assumption above is correct, then it is reasonable to assume such fingerprinting will be carried over to the DXF outputting feature.  DXF is text based & human-readable (marginally) so that a moderate amount of coding in, say, Microsoft VB or VC, could yield a numeric sense of how the various entities required by an assignment were entered into the database.  This does constitute a ''keyhole function'' which cannot be run-in-reverse by students.  Over the course of several such assignments, numerical characterizations that are consistently close between the same two (or few) students could be related into a percentage decrease in grading for those students.  I thought of this many years ago while taking university engineering courses -- Yep, medical and legal students cheat with drugs, and technical students cheat with technology shortcuts.  Students who walk each other thru an assignment, step-wise, might suffer from a false-positive rating this way, but that seems up to the teacher, here.

joeymac wrote at 2010-08-24 18:17:26
I am a student studying architecture and in our AutoCAD class everyone cheats, flash drives are passed around from previous students and everybody copies the files and makes minor adjustments before uploading to the homework file in class.  I don't think there is any way to avoid cheating, but the punishment will be brought on themselves when they need to find work and they cannot use the program.

K.Duffy wrote at 2011-03-02 19:48:10
You can use the command TDCREATE while viewing a file in AutoCAD, TDCREATE is a fairly unique way to identify the creation time of the file, it is a number in decimal format that has several numbers after the decimal point.

You can also use the LIST command in AutoCAD and examine particular pieces of geometry of suspect drawings.  This is easier if you already have students you suspect of cheating.  You can select individual lines or circles, etc. and list will bring up an output box, that will contain a value called "Handle", this value is a unique identifier to each particular piece of geometry, and is a four character code, containing both letters and/or numbers.  If I suspect someone of cheating, I will examine several pieces of geometry using the LIST command, and if I get the same Handle value, that is usually a pretty good give-away.  

Again both of these are commands that you look at in the drawing, and aren't 100% foolproof, there can be issues using them, such as using a file that was created at perhaps the exact same moment (although unlikely), as well as the same pieces of geometry having the same handle value is possible (but again very unlikey)

iTEACH wrote at 2014-04-25 09:34:22
PRESS "PURGE" AND PURGE ALL BLOCKS

THEN PRESS COMMAND "DESIGN CENTER" AND OPEN THE FILE FROM THERE AND CHECK ALL BLOCK OWNER NAME BELOW EACH BLOCK.  

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn