AutoCAD/Script in Autocad Lt

I reference to my previous question, I want to know if there is a variable or wildcard for the ENTER STRING TO CHANGE request in the -ATTEDIT command. I do not want to have to enter a specific string as it will be different in each drawing and it would defeat the purpose of my scripting this.

Thanks again,

Karen:  I just addressed this 5 minutes ago in your first question.  :-)  But that's OK.  Anyway,  -ATTEDIT does not support wild cards for global attribute edit of existing attribute values that differ from each other.  See the response to your first question for complete instruction on how to accomplish this in AutoCAD LT.  If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll refer you to a person that works better than I do with AutoCAD LT.  The answer I gave assumes that the properties palette of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT are identical.  Hopefully that is the case.

Bill DeShawn

Bill DeShawn

I can address all 2-D questions and some 3-D questions. I do programming in AutoLISP if it doesn`t involve solid modeling. I can also address menu customization issues and can help you find answers to questions I can`t answer by taking your question directly to Autodesk via their newsgroups.

I used to do electronic and mechanical design for a flat panel monitor manufacturer, and now I do architectural drafting for an architect. I did and do AutoLISP and menu customization and take pride in making my lisp routines to do the work exactly the way the client likes them done.

I had a routine published in CADENCE magazine (no longer in publication and taken over by CADALYST). Some of my routines are published on my website at

Certified completion of AutoCAD courses, AutoCAD employment experience since 1992