AutoCAD/Script in Autocad Lt

Question
Bill,

I reference to my previous question, I want to know if there is a variable or wildcard for the ENTER STRING TO CHANGE request in the -ATTEDIT command. I do not want to have to enter a specific string as it will be different in each drawing and it would defeat the purpose of my scripting this.

Thanks again,

Karen

Answer
Karen:  I just addressed this 5 minutes ago in your first question.  :-)  But that's OK.  Anyway,  -ATTEDIT does not support wild cards for global attribute edit of existing attribute values that differ from each other.  See the response to your first question for complete instruction on how to accomplish this in AutoCAD LT.  If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll refer you to a person that works better than I do with AutoCAD LT.  The answer I gave assumes that the properties palette of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT are identical.  Hopefully that is the case.

Bill DeShawn
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn